Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tom Priest
06-19-2000, 10:27 PM
The engine will not restart after going through the car wash. It also dies in a rain squall. Any suggestions besides not driving in the rain?

Jerry
06-20-2000, 12:22 AM
<i>: The engine will not restart after going through the car wash. It also dies in a rain squall. Any suggestions besides not driving in the rain?<p><p></i>

Jerry
06-20-2000, 12:23 AM
<i>: : The engine will not restart after going through the car wash. It also dies in a rain squall. Any suggestions besides not driving in the rain?<p><p>Tom,<p>Sounds as if you would probably want to start with the ignition wires, when were they last changed or better yet what's their condition??<p>Typically poor wires will result in a breakdown of the insulation surrounding the conductor, when this occurs you have "arcing" this condition can sometimes be seen on wet days with very little ilumination in the engine compartment (engine running)<p>They make a spray for a quick fast relief....best fix is to change the wires including the one connected to the ignition coil, this wire works 8 times as much as the rest of the wires!! Lots of luck.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index