Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

BOOMER
06-20-2000, 01:03 PM
<i>I am trying to trace coolant leak behind wheel well on driver's side. I did not have this leak until I replaced heater valve. Is there a connection and how would I go about getting behind wheel well to see where leak starts?<br></i>

Grant
06-21-2000, 09:28 AM
<i>: I am trying to trace coolant leak behind wheel well on driver's side. I did not have this leak until I replaced heater valve. Is there a connection and how would I go about getting behind wheel well to see where leak starts?<p></i><p>Since you changed the heater valve, you need to do an inspection on your connections. If coolant is leaking into the "chamber" that houses the blower, RE-Circ vacuum doors, etc. then the fluid will run out the drain on each side of the chamber and out back of the wheel well. If fact you should check to be sure these drains are not plugged. It seems the one on the right side is working. <br>

Boomer
06-22-2000, 08:29 AM
<i>: : I am trying to trace coolant leak behind wheel well on driver's side. I did not have this leak until I replaced heater valve. Is there a connection and how would I go about getting behind wheel well to see where leak starts?<p><br>: Since you changed the heater valve, you need to do an inspection on your connections. If coolant is leaking into the "chamber" that houses the blower, RE-Circ vacuum doors, etc. then the fluid will run out the drain on each side of the chamber and out back of the wheel well. If fact you should check to be sure these drains are not plugged. It seems the one on the right side is working. OK. I will check it out today and let you know what I find . THANKS<p><br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index