Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

PismoDude
10-19-2007, 10:52 PM
I've been shopping for an Z4 coupe (perhaps Z4M) and found that prices are thousands less than invoice (dealers cost) if you want to haggle. So, why are the dealers willing to give up so much. Yes I'm aware of the $7500 cash to dealers for 07's. No buyers, no interest, what gives? Are there problems that I'm not aware in quality, in service? Any ideas?

mikemcn
10-20-2007, 07:54 AM
No significant problems that would keep buyers away. The cars in either 3.0si or M trim are fast and fun. But they also are not the most practical cars - limited carrying space, no back seat, a rough sports-car ride, etc. So they're not for everyone, and apparently demand is well below supply through 2007 MY. I'm guessing a lot fewer get built for 2008 MY.

Oh, and they were priced a tad high. OK if you're cross-shopping a Cayman, but high compared to the other choices on a BMW lot - again making it an easy car to look at but a hard one to buy.

I have enjoyed over 27k miles in my 3.0si, thinking of selling it now or maybe next spring while the buyer can still enjoy some warranty comfort. Would replace it with an M or maybe a p-car (911).

Mike Mc

morecarl
10-23-2007, 05:07 PM

jssanto
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 z4 with 8000 miles. Premium package sports package. bl/bl coupe. stick. price is $38000. Ok price or too high? I also wanted to know if anyone has experience with the clear coat " bras" or the clear tape.

mikemcn
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
coupe or roadster? Use kbb.com and edmunds.com for prices, but they lag the market a bit and this isn't a good sports-car time of year (prices soft). Also search for cars that are for sale on cars.com and autotrader.com to get other asking prices for comparable cars. FWIW dealers are willing to give me high $20s for my '06 coupe with 28k miles (sport and premium) in trade, and I'm told it might sell for $31k or so to a private party - but both KBB and Edmunds have it higher still.

My wife has the clear bra all over her Cayman and likes it (it does take care of small stuff and bugs). I have never liked the look of it or the edge lines - so my car has some nicks in the nose. Personal preference, I guess.

Mike Mc

mikemcn
10-28-2007, 10:15 AM
re-read your post and saw that you stated coupe. Depending on location, it would not surprise me if you could buy this for $35k, given the low demand this time of year and the incentives BMW just used to flush these through the dealer network.

Mike Mc

anfesagi
11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I just became the new owner of a bl/bl '07 M Coupe. Got the discounts, got a real rocket. 47500 with Premium pkge, Nav, heated seats. They were willing to do anything to empty their inventory. Impractical, harsh ride, but this is a driver's car, it is worth all the inconveniences it may cause to your friends and relatives.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index