Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

xowner
10-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Thursday this week the new XF was in the showroom of our Upperaustrian Jaguar dealer for a few hours. It was the top of the range model SV8 in ebony with the new spice/warm charcaol interior. We were not allowed to drive the car but when the salesperson placed the car in the showroom early in the morning I could hear it - sounds like the new XKR - wow !
Believe me: its absolutly beautiful, forget about the pics you have seen before, you just have to see the car in real. Ian Callum has created a new fantastic Jaguar. Interior also is a dream, there is also plenty of legroom and headroom at the backseats (and Im tall)
About 50 customers were invited (young and elders) and they all were excited about the new design.
If you dont like the front of the car on the pictures in the brochure
(happened to me too seeing the first photo a month ago) -well you just have to see it standing before you - a new true Jaguar.
In my opinion the new XF is a milestone again in Jagur design as it was the XJ in 1968.
(Oh yes - before I forget: mine will be there in April 2008 - traded
in my 2006 XK for a XF V8 in liquidsilver/warm charcoal/rich oak.
For me the XF is like a XK with 4 doors and more room, that`s why I did it !)
Regards
Gunter (Austria)

Gabriel
10-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't you love it in person. So f&*^ing aggressive. I hate the front end in most pictures yet when I saw it in person that's my favorite view. Okay, I love the back (all XK Coupe'ish) and I love the side too.

How'd you like the short throw buttons, or the wood on the doors. Did they shut off the lights so you could see the inside light up?

Can't wait for our party

Tom Jones
10-21-2007, 11:14 AM
The front IS ugly in person. - Looks like a Nissan Altima with a cheap plastic honey comb type grille (yes the grille is plastic on the XF) The interior was nice - I agree. But the front of the car IS sooo bad - a very missed opportunity.

xowner
10-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes, I could try all the new features, listen to the new audiosystem
( Attention: CD-changer OR I-pod, together not available) and of course felt like a little boy with "Blue Light", "Jaguar Sense" and the red start button ("the cat is awakening")
The salespersons also were very happy, all customers loved the car and they sold three XF 2.7D Premium Luxury that day.
I made some pix with my mobilephone but I don`t know how to post them here -would like to show them to you.
The car is really fantastic!
Regards
Gunter (Austria)

Gabriel
10-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Wow, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the front end.

Kaptain
10-24-2007, 11:45 PM
did anyone take pictures?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index