Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
08-13-2001, 07:52 PM
Hi, I know there have been a few post on water leaks, yet I'm still having trouble identifying the source of mine. I thought I had found and fixed the leaks as my car was all dry after a long period of rain. However as I took of water dripped and drippled down from between the glove box and the door. It's not wet up in there but seems to drip down and puddle in the front passenger footwell. The front sunroof drain works fine, and I've had a hose all over the car for 1/2 an hour or so and no water got in. Any help would be great.<p>Mike 1980, 732i

Jens T.M.745
08-13-2001, 08:29 PM
May check drains on each fender rear,<br>or you may be getting humitaty from AC.<p>Sincerely Jens<br>

Grant
08-13-2001, 08:48 PM
<i><br>Hi, I know there have been a few post on water leaks, yet I'm still having trouble identifying the source of mine. I thought I had found and fixed the leaks as my car was all dry after a long period of rain. However as I took of water dripped and drippled down from between the glove box and the door. It's not wet up in there but seems to drip down and puddle in the front passenger footwell. The front sunroof drain works fine, and I've had a hose all over the car for 1/2 an hour or so and no water got in. Any help would be great.<p>Mike 1980, 732i<p></i><p>Are you sure the cowl drain is clear? There is one drain on the right and left side of the cowling area. If these drains are plugged then water will build up in the cowl area and leak into the passenger compartment. The only way I know to clear these drains is to remove the cowl cover and then flush the drains out using a hose. <br>

Bigbob 85 745i
08-13-2001, 10:17 PM
<i><br>May check drains on each fender rear,<br>or you may be getting humitaty from AC.<p>Sincerely Jens<p></i>You may also have a heater core leaking.<p>Bigbob<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index