Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 83 733i ?is it worth 2nd posting followup details

RDAvena
08-22-2001, 06:19 PM
Hello again,<br>Some of the members of this board asked for certain details to see what this car is worth. It turns out to be an 83 733i with 210k on the odo, sloppy shifter, tight clutch, interior is 85% new, missing tools, no dings dents scratches or paint flakes (white), the brake light does not come on at 60 mph, insp light is on, lamp test okay, no obvious oil leaks, tranny whine throught the stick shift, and the a/c does not turn on. Asking price 2300. What does the board think....<p>Thanks <br>Ray

RDAvena
08-22-2001, 06:21 PM

Eric
08-22-2001, 07:33 PM
Too much work to be done on the car. You can get a better car for that price.<p>There are enough problems on the car, but the bad transmission convinces me it's not worth it.

Ralf Stahlmann
08-22-2001, 07:33 PM
I doubt that I am qualified to speak for your situation in the States.<br>But here in Europe (oh dear did I just count the UK as part of Europe) where the prices are high (not as low as Germany) I would LOL. By Uk standarts you pay about $1200 -$1500 for it depending on the impression the car and the seller give. I'd say in my opinion "it's too expensive" This AC be all shrivelled up by now. Since we in the UK are very experienced with AC :)<br>I would not give a toss on what I have got to say.<br>Yet I believe once things have dried out it all needs replacing because if you fill it, it just leaks away. I possible enter negotiations, if you still want it $1200.

Eric
08-22-2001, 07:34 PM
<i><br> <p></i><br>

Jens T.M.745
08-22-2001, 07:44 PM
why buy a 733?<br>Have you ever driven a 745?<p>MMMMMMMM all I can say Night and Day,<br>Yes guy's I still like you :)<p>Sincerely Jens

Bruce H ATL 85 745
08-22-2001, 07:54 PM
<i><br>why buy a 733?<br>Have you ever driven a 745?<p>MMMMMMMM all I can say Night and Day,<br>Yes guy's I still like you :)<p>Sincerely Jens<p></i><br>Jens,<p>I agree BUT it comes down to budget. As you well know a $5000 745 is a project car. I am sure that this 733 can be had for less. If rust free it is a starting point.<p>Regards,<br>Bruce

Jens T.M.745
08-22-2001, 07:58 PM
True good point,<br>thank you Bruce<p>Sincerely Jens

Bruce H ATL 85 745
08-22-2001, 08:03 PM
<i><br>True good point,<br>thank you Bruce<p>Sincerely Jens<p></i><br>You are welcome. Check your email.

martin 83Euro735i 5 speed
08-23-2001, 06:11 AM
I bought an 83 735i with 260 Kilometres for U.S. $3000 in Australia. It was in perfect mechanical condition and jens can tell you what it looks like. I spent $400 U.S. on it to make everything else perfect. No rust no dents no faults and perfect driving. I understand they are a bit more expensive down under. This is my second 735i and the best. Hope this helps<p><br>Hello again,<br>Some of the members of this board asked for certain details to see what this car is worth. It turns out to be an 83 733i with 210k on the odo, sloppy shifter, tight clutch, interior is 85% new, missing tools, no dings dents scratches or paint flakes (white), the brake light does not come on at 60 mph, insp light is on, lamp test okay, no obvious oil leaks, tranny whine throught the stick shift, and the a/c does not turn on. Asking price 2300. What does the board think....<p>Thanks <br>Ray<p></i><br>

Big Bruce
08-23-2001, 07:22 AM
Ray-if you like it,make an offer!I'm sure you have read and are aware of some of the problems with these vehicles,but the driving experience far outweighs the inconvenience that occasionally pops up.Just be prepared to tinker with what you can. The tech help on this board is outstanding and can get you through anything. Find a fair,honest,experienced mechanic to do what you can't and enjoy many years of fun driving and turning heads!<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index