Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to KLAUS!

Scottie - San Jose CA
08-22-2001, 08:54 PM
Hi everybody. Scottie here from the e28 board. I just thought I'd say hello and let you know how happy I am to be the new proud owner of Klaus, an 84 745i. He is black with the brown/green buffalo interior. Lovely!<p>Recent work includes a rebuilt tranny, cat, head, turbo, and control arms. So most of the work has been done.<p>We will be fixing up a few items over the coming months and I'll let you know how Klaus is doing!<p>Items on the list so far include a brake bomb, rear bumper (cracked), exhaust, driver's seat re-stuff, door and window seals, and a complete cleaning. The most annoying thing so far is the feeling that something (or things) are loose. I am used to a very tight e28 feeling. When I drive the e23 (my first one) I get the feeling that things are thumping and bumping, especially over rough roads. Suspention bushings??? <p>I'll let you know how we do, but until then I can hardly wipe the smile off my face. I've owned normally aspirated big sixes for years in both e12's and e28, but this is my first turbo. Wowwweeee!<p>Scottie<br>85 535i <br>84 745i<br>85 528e (for sale) http://www.rosenvick.com/ss/bmw/528e<br>

Ralf Stahlmann
08-22-2001, 09:13 PM
Had the same feeling switching from a 535i.<br>The car will not feel as fast and direct. Yet changing the rear axel bushes and also those little rubber mounts near by. Check out front wheel barings and the other joints in the steering geometry. Replace as required. Find a lowering kit. Get a lower profile tyre and larger alloys. And don't forget those original BMW Recoro's.

Ralf Stahlmann
08-22-2001, 09:15 PM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index