Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Pump Noise

SML
08-22-2001, 10:16 PM
I have a 86-735. I mistakenly put brake fluid instead of trans fluid in the system. Since then I have drained the fluid and replaced it with trans fluid and also replaced the pump. The pump makes a rythmic noise only after the car heats up. Also the fluid in the system seems to get fairly hot. I think I need to replace the filter but can't find it. I have looked in the "brass fill pot" and there is no filter. Can anyone help?<p>Thanks,<br>SML

Jeff
08-23-2001, 05:38 AM
<i><br>It's located on the bottom of the brass fill pot. You'll have to remove a couple "c" clips to get at it though. Good Luck.<p>Jeff<p><br>I have a 86-735. I mistakenly put brake fluid instead of trans fluid in the system. Since then I have drained the fluid and replaced it with trans fluid and also replaced the pump. The pump makes a rythmic noise only after the car heats up. Also the fluid in the system seems to get fairly hot. I think I need to replace the filter but can't find it. I have looked in the "brass fill pot" and there is no filter. Can anyone help?<p>Thanks,<br>SML <p><p></i>

Jens T.M.745i
08-23-2001, 06:34 AM
<i><p>It's located on the bottom of the brass fill pot. You'll have to remove a couple "c" clips to get at it though. Good Luck.<p>Jeff<p><br>I have a 86-735. I mistakenly put brake fluid instead of trans fluid in the system. Since then I have drained the fluid and replaced it with trans fluid and also replaced the pump. The pump makes a rythmic noise only after the car heats up. Also the fluid in the system seems to get fairly hot. I think I need to replace the filter but can't find it. I have looked in the "brass fill pot" and there is no filter. Can anyone help?<p>Thanks,<br>SML <p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index