Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Chrome fender trim

Mario
08-23-2001, 01:06 AM
Hi all<p>I found some chrome fender trims for $ 79.95. But they wanted almost $ 100 extra for shipping to Siwtzerland. Is there an easier way 2 get these chrome fender trims ???

Shawn
08-23-2001, 01:53 AM
I got some almost like new ones out a wrecking yard--decided I didn't like them---took them off. They are now in the trunk--I need chrome rims I think to make them look ok. <p>Try the wrecking yards.<p>Shawn

Jens T.M.745i
08-23-2001, 08:15 AM

Bigbob
08-23-2001, 12:16 PM
<i><br>Hi all<p>I found some chrome fender trims for $ 79.95. But they wanted almost $ 100 extra for shipping to Siwtzerland. Is there an easier way 2 get these chrome fender trims ???<p></i><br>Mario,<br>I purchased some for my Mercedes from AUTOTECNICA.<br>Her is URL: http://www.apaindustries.com<p>Bigbob<br>

Ralf Stahlmann
08-23-2001, 01:31 PM
Mario,<br>How do the say One people devidet by a common language.<br>Otherwise I would have reacted earlier.<br>Mine I get from a local dealer in the UK and they order them from guess where: Germany. Just around the corner from you. I think I paid approx 30 for them (DM90; SF110 ; US$55)<br>I have three left because I had two buy a second set after loosing one. I used "Popnieten" (...?..rivets). This is not a good idea because of vibration and they fall of within no time. Better are selftapping decent screws. Also you might want to buy two sets anyway since there are more difficult to get each time I need another set.<br>They also are just at the right hight to get nocked by shopping trolleys. And a little dent you see straight away.<br>I am sure you can buy them direct from the manufacturer or ask him for a distributor or reseller near you in Switzerland. And the carriage from germany to you should be between 10-15 Franken.<br>http://www.autoshop2000.de/chrom.htm<br>Has them, but they are expensive.<br>I check tomorrow im "Wer liefert was" Verzeichnis.<p>PS. I have the box here in front of me with Order Numbers, German Writing on it, but absolutely no reference who the manufacturer is.

Mario
08-24-2001, 05:15 AM
I wanna say thank you 2 all the people who helped me. My 728i (Cosmosblue) looks like a brandnew car now. I have now 93000 original miles on it and it looks better than a lot of newer cars.<p><br>Regards<p>Mario

Walter OH 84/733i 87/325i 83/635csi Euro
08-24-2001, 09:09 PM
My car had a set when I bought it, I took them off - anybody want them for about $20 and you pay shipping? Email me if interested<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index