Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Gabriel
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
The big party is tonight. Seeing public reaction from 500 Jaguar owners will say it all. I'll take some pictures with my phone as real camera's are not allowed.

Jose'
11-08-2007, 02:13 PM
So any news?

Gabriel
11-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I posted earlier but it didn't seem to link.

The show was fantastic. Aside from one bitter old women who stuck her nose up (because it didn't have a wood steering wheel)the reaction was very, very positive. Along with very good food, a open bar, and a XF in the middle of this beautiful Theater lobby, there was upcoming XJ gossip.

The handler's kept asking people how much they thought the car would cost. One XF client is coming out of a XJ and he replied about $59-$63, at which the XF handler said you are going to be very, very surprised. Another told a customer it would start at $49k which I had heard before but don't see as possible. That's what a 3.0 S Type starts at. The S Type doesn't compare at all.

If it does come in that low, this car is a home run for Jaguar.

The car looked fantastic. The front is the big suprise in person. The deep contours running from grill to A pillar do not show in photo's. Nor how perfectly poportioned everything is. Your eye catches the line that starts under the front and chases it around the car, giving movement while it's standing still.

XJ teases were floating in the air. The car has been seen and sat in. Rapide was mentioned in trying to explain it's looks. Far wilder than the XF, with tech. that has not been seen or used before. Seeing and hearing the absolute passion and excitment in which this car was described gave me the belief it was all true.

Jose
11-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Glad to hear great things about the car. Thanks!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index