Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jason2
12-08-2007, 03:58 PM
got a message that their first allocation was expected soon and they wanted me to confirm if I wanted it. I told them NO. Between the specs, lackluster reviews and styling I just can't get excited over this car. I sure as hell wouldn't be the first to pre-order one test drive and sight unseen. Maybe if I get a chance to test drive one later i'll feel differently, but I doubt it. I think it's time for a new brand.

jjcthe1
12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
I turned mine down too, for the first time with BMW, I really want to at least sit in the car in person prior to making the plunge. I think its also rediculous that the price is such a mystery. Its delaying my next purchase. If its going to be around the 70k mark nicely equipped, I am going lightly used 911.

sayemthree
12-08-2007, 07:25 PM
and get your money back. I am sold and will definetley order a M3 coupe. although I wont get one of the first ones cause I dont want to pay a mark up.

jason2
12-08-2007, 07:31 PM
that's a total d!ckhead move to spec out and commit to an order then renege at the end. Some dealers will keep the deposit if someone does that and I think they should. Reminds me of that clown Bruce on the M3 board years ago. The guy literally spec'd out TWO new M3's and a 911 Porsche and walked away from all three orders.

jimdrivas
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
out and then walk away. Give the spot to someone who will spec the car to their way and then who will keep it. I'm #1 at my dealer but I'm like Jason...I won't buy one of the first ones. I, for sure want the M DCT, and even when they get around to offering it, I still want to drive one before buying one. At a $75K price (I love loaded cars), I may look elsewhere. I just have problems with a $75K 3-series car.

I was lurking in the UK E92 M3 Forums and they were saying at one dealer there is a new M3 just sitting there for 2 months unsold....and they were discounting the car. It was a Silverstone color M3.

sayemthree
12-14-2007, 06:18 PM
will sell the car to some other clown. I am only saying order it if you are REALLY interested in it.

jason2
12-15-2007, 02:22 AM
use BMW Individual when ordering cars. We have to stick to the handful of crappy color choices and two interior choices.

Squischer
12-15-2007, 10:18 AM

gregwminmmoregon
12-16-2007, 12:48 AM
today . I was frustrated with no pricing, but bit the bullet and updated my order today. #1 allocation is gone, so I should get one of the next ones, hopefully by
April. Personally, I'm excited about the car and the recent reviews have been anything but lackluster!

Space Gray/Fox Red/Carbon Leather/Premium Package/Technology Package/heated seats/HD radio/iPod & USB adapter. May add Enhanced Audio & Extended Leather, depending on pricing. ******>
<B>Greg</B> Lake Oswego, Oregon
<HR>
2001 M3 Coupe - Titanium/Cinnamon
Prem. Pkg., Xenon, CWP, adj. seat width, HK, Matte Chrome trim; RAC Monolite RG4 forged wheels (19x9, 10), Michelin PS2s 245/275, CSL/ZCP rotors, Stoptech sst lines, GC custom Koni/Eibach coilovers/camber plates, Larini sst exhaust, ACS SSK w/ Z8 shift knob, ACS pedal covers/handbrake, UUC Big Boy clutch stop, CDV delete, OEM strut tower brace, '04 LEDs/trunk lights, V1 w/ hardwire & in-cluster remote display, euro front bumper cover, euro first aid kit & warning triangle, space saver spare, painted foglight rings, PIAA Xtreme Plus fogs, SilverVision front turns.
2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Pewter/Charcoal Alcantara/Aluminum
*******>
http://forums1.roadfly.com/preferences/showsigimage.php?img=6787

jason2
12-16-2007, 03:42 AM
they liked the steering feel of the 5-series diesel WAGON better. I'm looking for something much better than that.

[...]"It was fearsomely fast, yet cruised well, suggesting it should be the ultimate all-rounder. But the driving experience was too detached to be truly involving and exciting. What were we missing?"

[...]"The ride is more cushioned than that of the other BMW on our fleet – a 535d M Sport Touring.

Comparing the two, road test editor Oliver Marriage reported: “The estate has a better driving position and purer steering. Engine aside, I didn’t enjoy driving the M3 that much more than the Touring."

[...]"We’re not confused any more – the M3 is simply not quite as dazzling as we had hoped." (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/longtermtests/212682/bmw_m3.html)

Phoenix
12-19-2007, 12:46 AM

jjcthe1
12-21-2007, 08:45 PM
and your probably the first guy to complain about being jerked off by the dealership, when ordering a car not 100% sold on is the ultimate stroke.

jjcthe1
12-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I think I remember reading this a while back! Thats someone with way too much time on their hands!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index