Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bonecrusher
12-27-2007, 08:46 PM
2001 C320 with just too many disappointments for me to ever consider buying another Mercedes again. I just returned from a four day trip and was driving home from the air port when I got SIX error messages, starting with a failing alternator. This car has been plagued with electrical problems from power drainage due to faulty seat controllers, blown computers with simple battery changes, too numerous to count (TNTC) blown bulbs (which later resulted in a within warrantee amperage reduction module paid for by me), and now a blown alternator and who knows what else. I am convinced it is time to sell this unreliable excuse for German engineering and buy an Infinity or Lexus.

bman105
12-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately engineering isn't really a Germany thing these days. And, of course, quality is pretty much owned by the Japanese and US Manufacturers (despite our memories.)

Of course all manufacturers have their gremlins don't be too discouraged.

Roadhog
01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
I did some research on C series 2 yrs ago after enjoing a C280 service loaner for several days while my BMW was out of service. From everything I could gather, the newer (04 and up) cars are much more reliable than earlier versions of W203. The 4 cylinder Kompressor cars had the worst complaints. In the end I got another BMW, because I like the seats and brakes better, altho Mercedes has better styling and a more comfortable ride.

AussieBob
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I've got a 15 year old BMW M3 and a 13 year old 528i and I think I'll keep on paying for the petrol.

I've been looking at the C-Class because the Bangle+ BMWs still don't have attractive interiors and exterior designs.

My father has a new 320i and it is not "perfect" like the older ones, electrical reliability issues within the first 12 months - perhaps a bit of Motorola 6-sigma is needed by the relay/solid-state Auto-electrical design boys.

Or a bit of a feature and price reduction

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index