Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : new BMW division at New Hope Auto Show

Erik Rutberg
04-15-1999, 11:43 AM
The following was passed on to me from a friend at my local BMW Dealership. This is the first year they will have a BMW division. They usually have plenty of M-B and Porsche and Guy Young has been after them for years to start a BMW division. They finally have, so we want to make it successful. Guy Young can be contacted at (215) 340-3900 about the BMW division. You can also e-mail me and I will get you any show information. <p><br>BMW DIVISION INTRODUCED AT NEW HOPE AUTO SHOW<p> NEW HOPE, PA - A special invitation us being extended to members of the BMW Car Club of America (non-members welcome also) to compete in the 43rd Annual New Hope Automobile Show on August 14th and 15th, in New Hope, Pennsylvania.<br> Since the first show in 1957, the event has become a summer tradition for antique automobile owners in the mid-Atlantic and northeastern United States. Each year, approximately 1,000 finely restored and expertly maintained automobiles dating back to the turn of the century are judged in over 40 judging divisions during the weekend event. There is a different field of automobiles judged each day.<br> By popular demand, a BMW judging division has been scheduled to meet on Sunday, August 15th. All BMW models through 1974 and all Model 2002 will be accepted. The judging will be coordinated by Guy Young, a representative of Thompson BMW in Doylestown and a member of the BMW Car Club of America.<br> Owners of BMWs which also are AACA juniors and seniors compete in a special division strictly for senior cars. Here the grand prize is the Governor’s Cup of Pennsylvania. The cup is actually two awards, one for seniors manufactured prior to 1950 and the other for post-50 models.<br> Each day’s festivities are concluded with a Parade of Champions featuring all award winning cars. There is an automotive flea market, a car corral (in which cars are sold), refreshments and other popular features.<br> New Hope is an excellent summer vacation site. There are numerous historic and country many bed and breakfast inns, excellent restaurants, historic sites, unique shops, and other attractions within minutes of the show grounds on the campus of the New Hope-Solebury High School. Information about New Hope and the automobile show can be found on the internet at NEWHOPEAUTOSHOW.ORG<br> Addition information can ALSO be obtained by calling the show at (215) 862-5665 or by writing: New Hope Automobile Show, P.O. Box 62, New Hope, PA,18938 The show’s e-mail address is : [email protected]<br> Entry fee: $10.00 if received by august 9, 1999. All proceeds are used to benefit the New Hope-Solebury Community Association’s Scholarship and Program funds.<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index