Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Moon
06-28-1999, 12:54 PM
I own a 635 csi L6 I would like to make some performance upgrades, (bolt on), for speed and handling. I heard you can use a 410 rearend, k&n air filter, a chip, and a new exhaust system, any suggestions?

Alex T.
06-28-1999, 03:46 PM
Your best bet is to bolt-off. L6's are heavy beasts. The more you can take off the faster you'll go. :)<p>But seriously, I think the only combination that's going to give you a significant boost is all three together. Any one alone will not do much for actual performance. Start with the K&N if you must since it's a cheap drop in--I'm not going to comment on the pros/cons of K&N. <p>But the place to start in my book is with the wheels and suspension. Going to 17" wheels, good rubber, and a firmer suspension will do wonders for your cornering and help reduce some of the whale-roll of the L6.<p><br><i>: I own a 635 csi L6 I would like to make some performance upgrades, (bolt on), for speed and handling. I heard you can use a 410 rearend, k&n air filter, a chip, and a new exhaust system, any suggestions?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index