Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

costap
02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I heard they go on sale March 10. Will dealers have units available to look at or test drive earlier?

Gabriel
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
We are getting 4 in late next week, with a truck load to follow. We will always have one for test drives. Our sister store, Troy sold out of Super Charged XF's yesterday. We still have some left.

Gary Gabriel Kish
Jaguar of Novi
(248) 478-1111

JayR04
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Here in Los Angeles I called two dealers. They both said they expect 1st batch in mid March and they'll call me as soon as they get some in. On different forums, I've seen other dealers, mostly on the east coast, with XF's already in the showroom. I wish I could find one near me.

neilm
02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Here in the UK they have been in my local dealers showroom for a few weeks together with a demonstrator.

So far they are booked solid for test drives for the next few months!!

Official release date is March 1st

costap
03-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I just drove one at San Jose British Motors. They just got theirs in yesterday.

Gabriel
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
We got em in late last night. Cleaned up and ready for viewings or test drives. One's a Super Charged XF
gkish@jaguarofnovi.com

abqhudson
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
My dealer - Albuquerque, NM - is showing them now - they are very nice looking.

Gabriel
03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Test driving under supervision isn't as rewarding as test driving alone. Today I was able to test drive by myself and pushed the car much harder. The steering is amazing! Better even than a XK, and I love XK's. The snow mode is really neat. The third gear starts feel strange at first, with a much softer power delivery. It is very quiet when driving normally, but you hear the engine wail when you step on it. Paddles are lighting fast, and the sport mode is very agressive. Seemingly more so than a XK.

It's surprising how big they are. Seeing one parked next to a XJ, it's taller and seems much wider. Alone they look small. Reaction has been fantastic with everyone thinking it cost much more. The interior is blowing people away. Just a great car!!!!

Kaptain
03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
How many are there?

Kaptain
03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
which model?

costap
03-07-2008, 09:01 PM
It was the Premium Luxury model in blue. It was nice. I was impressed with the bluetooth integration and the nav. The dealer did not have the cable for the iPod integration or I would have tried that. The drive was very nice, nimble without being rough. The paddle shifters were nice and I love the gear selector and rotating vents. I still can't decide if I like the look of the outside.

abqhudson
03-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Four.

DOMINICF
03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I test drove the 2.7 twin turbo diesel last Friday, it is far quieter than my 2.5 petrol X, inside you cannot hear the engine at idle and on road acceleration is quicker than my car.
It handles really well I took it out on an English motorway, A & B twisty roads and it handles superb. I like the interior, it is well thought out and the paddle shift is brilliant, the 6 speed autobox is well suited to the diesel according to my dealer better than the petrols there's no gear hunting.
The diesel will return 37mpg, my dealer has sold since the launch on March 1st 55 XF diesels and not one 3.0 petrol! He has sold a few 4.2 v8 and Supercharged cars. I cannot see a European market for the 3.0 petrol it is slower than the diesel, costs the same and depreciation will be far worse.
With petrol/diesel reaching 5 ($10) a gallon and congestion charging in central London now 25 ($50) a day for the largest petrol cars in the UK, the days of petrol cars are numbered, even Rolls and Bentley are considering a diesel. Jaguar are reportedly bringing out a 3.5 V8 diesel as used by Land Rover that will be a very quick car, might see it in the XK, will definitely be in the XF and XJ which is about to be rebodied in a larger version of the XF in 2009.
Maybe as oil shoots past $100 a barrel, it is time for Jaguar to
off the diesel XF in the US, with the credit crunch a car that will return a 1/3 more mpg has got to be a saver at the gas pumps?

neilm
03-11-2008, 03:32 PM
DaveUK will still hate it!!!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index