Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 635CSI...BMW's best looking car ever?

D. Boucher
07-17-1999, 05:53 PM
After owning two 2002's, a 76' 530i, an 84 and 88 7 series, I recently purchased an 85 6series. So far, I have been very pleased with the car. It handles very well, has plenty of high end torque for freeway cruisin, and gets lots of stares and compliments. I have to say that this particular model of BMW has really earned my appreciation. I can think of no other modern model, including the present models, that inspire such appreciation from so many. What do the rest of you think. Is this BMW's great exterior masterpiece?

Mike Barrett
07-17-1999, 09:33 PM
I've have always thought so; when I bought my first new BMW (a 1980 320i), I pointed to the 6er in the showroom and told the salesman "Someday I'm going to get one of these. . ." It only took me 18 years!<p>Mike Barrett<br>BMW CCA 111632<br>97 740il<br>88 635 CSi<p><i>: After owning two 2002's, a 76' 530i, an 84 and 88 7 series, I recently purchased an 85 6series. So far, I have been very pleased with the car. It handles very well, has plenty of high end torque for freeway cruisin, and gets lots of stares and compliments. I have to say that this particular model of BMW has really earned my appreciation. I can think of no other modern model, including the present models, that inspire such appreciation from so many. What do the rest of you think. Is this BMW's great exterior masterpiece?<p></i>

Chris McCoy
07-18-1999, 12:45 PM
<i>: After owning two 2002's, a 76' 530i, an 84 and 88 7 series, I recently purchased an 85 6series. So far, I have been very pleased with the car. It handles very well, has plenty of high end torque for freeway cruisin, and gets lots of stares and compliments. I have to say that this particular model of BMW has really earned my appreciation. I can think of no other modern model, including the present models, that inspire such appreciation from so many. What do the rest of you think. Is this BMW's great exterior masterpiece?<p></i>

Chris McCoy
07-18-1999, 12:47 PM
<i>Having just purchased a black '85, I agree with you.<br></i>

Colin Miller
07-19-1999, 04:40 PM
D.,<br>You might be getting some biased opinions on this list. ; )<p>Colin Miller<p>633CSi (coming soon)

dang
07-19-1999, 08:10 PM
<i>:Here's a non-biased opinion for you because I don't own a 6-series. I'm a little more picky or specific about what makes the 6 so sexy. The earlier, stock, big-bumpered version with the narrower wheels/tires are not on my list of pretty cars. (no offense intended for early 6 owners) The later, big-bumpered version with bigger wheels/tires are better looking but still look like heavy luxury sport coupes. My personal favorites are the euro-spec, small-bumpered versions with slightly oversized wheels (16") and slightly lowered suspension. They look light, fast and sexy!! Very few cars on that list. 8-) <p></i>

Alex
07-20-1999, 11:58 AM
<i>Then again, there is a 635 in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and I don't think it's one of the art cars...just a regular old 635 or M635.<p>: D.,<br>: You might be getting some biased opinions on this list. ; )<p>: Colin Miller<p>: 633CSi (coming soon)<p><br></i>

Derin
07-20-1999, 05:17 PM
<i>: I've have always thought so; when I bought my first new BMW (a 1980 320i), I pointed to the 6er in the showroom and told the salesman "Someday I'm going to get one of these. . ." It only took me 18 years!<p>: Mike Barrett<br>: BMW CCA 111632<br>: 97 740il<br>: 88 635 CSi<p>: : After owning two 2002's, a 76' 530i, an 84 and 88 7 series, I recently purchased an 85 6series. So far, I have been very pleased with the car. It handles very well, has plenty of high end torque for freeway cruisin, and gets lots of stares and compliments. I have to say that this particular model of BMW has really earned my appreciation. I can think of no other modern model, including the present models, that inspire such appreciation from so many. What do the rest of you think. Is this BMW's great exterior masterpiece?<p></i>Any room in this discussion for consideration of the looks of the forerunner of the E24 i.e the 3.0 CS?<p>Had a very similar experience as you Mike with this model when I was a kid - took me about as long to get one as well! Had it for eleven years now. Then in my teens also started lusting over the 6 - indeed it was the looks of this car that spurred me on to try to get a decent paid profession in order to able to affford one one day - - got a lot to answer for that 6!!<p>Derin<br>M535i<br>2002<br>3.0 CS

Kim Henshaw
07-20-1999, 06:26 PM
I just happen to own one of these "sexy" beasts - anyone interested email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a photo of "Roxanne"... :-)

Robert T.
07-21-1999, 02:56 PM
Wow Mike. Almost the same story for me. Just purchased my '78 320i and told the salesman that I'd be in for the 635 in a couple years. Finally bought one last year. Salesman is probably a grandpa now but hey...<br>Yup, I always that it was one of the best looking car ever....<br>Robert.<p><br>: I've have always thought so; when I bought my first new BMW (a 1980 320i), I pointed to the 6er in the showroom and told the salesman "Someday I'm going to get one of these. . ." It only took me 18 years!<p>: Mike Barrett<br>: BMW CCA 111632<br>: 97 740il<br>: 88 635 CSi<p>: : After owning two 2002's, a 76' 530i, an 84 and 88 7 series, I recently purchased an 85 6series. So far, I have been very pleased with the car. It handles very well, has plenty of high end torque for freeway cruisin, and gets lots of stares and compliments. I have to say that this particular model of BMW has really earned my appreciation. I can think of no other modern model, including the present models, that inspire such appreciation from so many. What do the rest of you think. Is this BMW's great exterior masterpiece?<p>

Mike Barrett
07-21-1999, 11:21 PM
: Any room in this discussion for consideration of the looks of the forerunner of the E24 i.e the 3.0 CS?<p>: Had a very similar experience as you Mike with this model when I was a kid - took me about as long to get one as well! Had it for eleven years now. Then in my teens also started lusting over the 6 - indeed it was the looks of this car that spurred me on to try to get a decent paid profession in order to able to affford one one day - - got a lot to answer for that 6!!<p>: Derin<br>: M535i<br>: 2002<br>: 3.0 CS<p></i><p>Derin:<p>Of course! I have always admired the 3.0CS, and truth be told, have also had a warm spot in my heart for its funky predecessor, the 2000cs (my very first car was a used 2000 sedan). While I still think the E24 is the best looking of the bunch, the cost of the earlier coupes (when in good condition) versus the time and effort necessary to restore one not so good is what has kept me away from them up until now. However, my wife is hot for a new house; my one criteria is that it must have a three car garage for that future project car. So, like you, a car I don't yet own dictates my actions . . .<p>Mike Barrett<br>BMW CCA 111632<br>97 740il<br>88 635 CSi

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index