Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 633 Seat Position Problem

Craig
07-21-1999, 01:07 PM
Hi - I just bought an 82 633 CSI. Great car - love it. <br>I am 6' 2" and just fit into a good position after much fiddling with the seat position controls. No surprise - the leather of the driver's seat was a little beat up. So I just installed a nice sheepskin seat cover. This elevated me about a half inch - enough to smush my head against the roof no matter the seat location. I have looked at the seat mounts and there does not appear to be any way to lower the seat itself. Any great ideas out there? Just need to lower 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch for driving bliss. Thanks in advance.

Alex
07-22-1999, 08:08 AM
Shear your sheepskin. :)<p>Honestly, I would just replace the seat. I'm 6'1' and have always felt if I was any taller I would not be able to comfortably drive the car. Funny thing is I bought it from a guy who was 6'4" and never drove it because of that. He kept it for years because he couldn't bear to part with it.<p><i>: Hi - I just bought an 82 633 CSI. Great car - love it. <br>: I am 6' 2" and just fit into a good position after much fiddling with the seat position controls. No surprise - the leather of the driver's seat was a little beat up. So I just installed a nice sheepskin seat cover. This elevated me about a half inch - enough to smush my head against the roof no matter the seat location. I have looked at the seat mounts and there does not appear to be any way to lower the seat itself. Any great ideas out there? Just need to lower 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch for driving bliss. Thanks in advance.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index