Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

xowner
03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Got my XF on Friday (7.3.) and today Sunday afternoon had my first drive.
The XF (4,2 liqidsilver/warm charcoal 19"Carelia) is my replacement for a 2006 XK (4,2 ebony/caramel 19"Carelia) because the XF has more headroom and more legroom and I`m very tall so the XK didn`t suit me very well on longer journeys.
I had ordered the XF one week before the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA 2007)in September 2007 without seeing or driving it before.
First driving impressions: it`s a 4-door XK !!!
It drives like my "old" XK and it has almost the same exhaust note especially when flooring the pedal. Those of you owning the S-TYPE should listen to the XF and drive it before ordering - don`t know if all will like it like I do! It has changed to a real sports saloon(had an S-TYPE myself)
Drove the Diesel yesterday - that`s the real "qiet" car (engine/exhaust) and absolutely quick.
Conclusions: a very happy XF-owner tonight (first car in Austria)
Regards
GŁnter (Austria)
2001 XJR
2008 XF

Jose
03-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Saw one on the interstate yesterday. It is the best sedan design I have ever seen. Looks like a completely different car than in pictures and videos.

Vesuvius
03-11-2008, 06:14 PM
"Conclusions: a very happy XF-owner tonight (first car in Austria)
Regards"
GŁnter (Austria)

Congratulations Gunter!! Enjoy your new toy!!

GusPasadena, CA:
1999 XJ8 Mistral Blue "Old Nik"
1994 XJ6 BRG
1988 XJS Blue
1968 3.4 S-Type

xowner
03-12-2008, 04:51 AM
And I hope YOU enjoy your wonderful cars as often as possible.
Regards
Gunter (Austria)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index