Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jtgmig
03-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Here's a 19 page brochure on the new X6.

not2blu
03-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Jay-

Thanks for posting the link to the brochure. My local BMW dealer called me to schedule a "VIP" appointment for next Saturday and I was looking for more info about the X6 before then.

Thanks again-
not2blu
03 325ci

jtgmig
03-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Glad you liked the link.

What exactly is a "VIP" appointment?

I placed a deposit several months ago on an X6 50i. I'm waiting for the 35i to come out so I can sit in one. I'm still not sure how I feel about the car...

BMW had one X6 at the Chicago Auto Show. Unfortunately, it was roped off.

I currently have a 645CiC.

not2blu
03-16-2008, 06:19 AM
I don't know what this appointment is really about. They called me and asked if I was interested but were vague on the details. I've never seen one in person so I hope they have it there.

I feel the jury is still out on this as well. If it turns out I don't like it I'll focus on the X5. Another issue- if the dealer artificially inflates the price on the X6 soley because it's new then it may go above my price range.

jtgmig
03-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Enjoy next Saturday. Let me know what you think.

not2blu
03-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Jay-

I hope you weren't waiting for more info as I was in my "VIP" appointment.
The entire thing was a scam to get me to go to the dealer.

Long story short-
I received a call from "Brenda" at South Bay BMW telling me there was a VIP event for the X6. I agreed to make an appointment to attend. I get there at he scheduled time and the dealer has no idea who I am, who "Brenda" is and my confirmation number is meaningless. Of course, they don't have an X6 to look at, not even a brochure. They're not getting any until June.

A complete waste of my time! In CA, scheduling false appointments is illegal. Does anybody know how I can pursue this? I gave up my entire morning- cycling with friends and easter lunch with my in-laws to attend this bogus event. I even brought my bike to the dealer to see if it would fit in this damn car. Of course I'm upset and would like some recourse.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index