Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index


03-25-2008, 08:53 AM

I have a car which I lease and it was parked infront of my Fiances house which is located at the corner of a three way stop sign intertersection. A 18yr driver ran the stop sign and bashed into car. He damgaed the light the bumper and rear panel and bent the axel. He was gonna take off till he saw me running out and writing down his liscense plate.

So I got all his info and called his dad. His dad agreed to pay for all the damages if we didnt go thru insurance. I agreed and tyoed up a quick contral that stated they will pay for the damages. The also have a brother who works at a body shop.

the next day we got it towed to the body shop and asset about 8k worth of damage.

The farther then changed his mind and decided to go thru insurance.

My question is does this go thru his insurance only and not mine? I was told 2 difference stories and am trying to find out cause I dont want my insurance to go up.


04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
You should have called the police to get a report.

Now you should contact your insurance company about what happened, and now it becomes unclear who's at fault. Did you take any pictures at the accident site? Any witnesses?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index