Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MarkMM
04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Local dealer here in MSP (Motorwerks) had a Food, Wine and X6, M3, 1-Series, unveiling last Friday. Was able to finally sit inside an X^, though no driving. :( Looks very nice, back seats are much better than the X5's. Reminds me of the back of the Lexus rx350. Was dissapointed in the trunk area. Due to the slope of the rear window, anything taller than 2 ft needs to be up against the back seat, or have the seats down. Gas mileage is the same as the X5. X5 seems to give you more bang for the buck. 4.8 fully equiped is about the same as the X6 35i. It's nice if liked the old Jeep Eagles. :P Or if you're looking for a car with big tires, but not if you're truly looking for an SUV.

Couple lines I overheard:

"Look, BMW made an Aztec"
"It's the answer to a question no one asked."

Don't get me wrong. I'd still love to have one. :) But the X5 more meets our needs.

2004 3.0, Manual, Jet Black, Beige, Black Top, Sport Pkg., Pwr Seats & Top, Conv. Pkg, Xenons, Htd Seats, NAV, Dog Co-pilot.

SCX5
04-28-2008, 10:04 AM
One of the good things about the X6 is its controversy. If you buy one, you sure won't see yourself coming and going every hundred yards.

"X5 gives more bang for the buck." Yes, and the RAV4 gives even more, but that's not why people buy 'emotion' cars like BMWs, and it's even less why people will buy X6s.

The X6 is an over-weight, over-priced, over-styled, impractical gas hog, and has way too much technology for its own good. I love it.

NOC
04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I drove the X6 5 miles at 70mph. The trip computer registered 24.6mpg. Real world it will probably get somewhere between 22 and 25mpg.

2002 X5 4.4
2007 335i Coupe
X5 xDrive35d (Future)
2004 Mustang Cobra Conv R.I.P.

DrT
09-16-2008, 02:10 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index