Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

myer
07-13-2008, 04:48 AM
I am told that Jaguar are working on new door seals to reduce the excessive wind noise, that occours at speeds above 70 MPH. Does anyone have any further information about this matter.

jagular
07-13-2008, 07:43 PM
On my car the ruffling sound of the wind over the A Pillar is noticable at 80 km/hr and up which is about 50 mph.

sedghwickjames
07-29-2008, 06:09 AM
My dealer fitted a pair of modified front window seals which arrived from Jaguar last week. They do reduce wind and opposite traffic noise. So far I have been up to 95 mph and they have worked well.

baron95
01-24-2009, 02:56 AM
I recently drove a demo XF SC with 4,000 miles on it (don't remember the in service date) and immediately noticed the wind noise coming from the driver window/door area and remarked to the dealer. I later decided to buy a new XF SC. I have had it for a week and up to low tripple digit speeds (briefly) with no noise. I even noticed that it is substantially quieter than my Mercedes (though mostly due to lower engine noise).

I don't know if I am lucky or if Jaguar has found a fix. Just passing along the info.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index