Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Evinx
08-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Just took delivery and have about 700 miles. Only problem is a creaking noise coming from front end. Does not happen at highway speeds - only at slow speeds of less than 25 or so. And particularly on an incline. Anyone have this experience or thoughts on what is going on?

Rbernst929
08-11-2008, 09:28 AM
My wife's new 2009 XF has creaking noises too at start up cold in the morning noticeable when going slowly and quietly. Dealer replaced the sunroof.. which was supposedly the culprit, but still creaks slightly. Probably going to live with it. -Bob.

jagular
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
with a spray for rubber seals. I forget the name just now but it is something like Aero 2000.

The slight creaking noises (like old leather boots) disappeared after that.

My sunroof was also slightly misaligned from the factory and I will be getting that adjusted soon.

Evinx
08-11-2008, 08:16 PM
It seems like it is either from the steering or the suspension - but only speeds less than 25 miles per hour. Any observe creaking (not squeaking) on their XF?

xowner
08-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Hi Evinx!
Do you drive on dusty roads or was your XF never on wet roads (rain) before ?
Had same "problem" with the 06 XK = similar suspension/steering.
Dealer lubed some parts of the suspension and steering mounts with a special spray ("silicone" and the noise was gone.
Also used this spray for the XF sunroof, the safety belts mountings on the passengers side and the sealings of the passengers window.
Helped a lot.
Regards
GŁnter(Austria)

Evinx
08-15-2008, 01:43 PM
xowner,
you are exactly correct - i live in desert climate so no rain. thanks for the advice.

jagular
08-19-2008, 08:38 PM
or new shoes. Not squeaking but a subtle creaking noise like new leather being manipulated. The door seal clean and lubricate helped a lot. I will ask the service guys to check the suspension bushings when I take it in to have the sun roof aligned correctly.

myer
08-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I have the same issue with my 2007 XK Coupe, which shares the CATS suspension with the Supercharges XF. It is presently in the shop and the senior technician has confirmed the groaning noise and acompanying minor clunk, which you feel through the steering & brake pedal at low speeds especialy when comming to a stop, it is even more evident when driving down a gradient and stopping.

He has eliminated the brakes, I thought it might have been a loose pad or movement within the caliper, he doubts it is the suspension, having checked and greased everything possible. He has ordered a diagnostic tool from Jaguar, which has six microphones, which are placed in the suspect areas to identify the exact source of the noise.

The technician fears it could be a defectice spot weld in the chassis/subframe, causing a very slight movement. He had this issue with an aluminum XJ. He hopes this is not the case as it is a MAJOR procedure.

Please let me know if you have any sucess with your noise.

myer
09-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Problem solved. It was the bushes on the front stabaliser bars, noise gone.

Chater
06-11-2012, 10:56 AM
My 2009 XF has creaking/clicking from the rear caused by a bracket directly behind the back seats that keeps working loose. This is heard travelling at low speed over poor road surfaces.
My local dealer is unable to fix the problem any ideas ?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index