Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

suniaz98
08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Just took delivery of my second XF last Monday. Too many problems with the first one. Well it is going in for service already. Major wind noise from drivers door and fit/finish of center console needs attention.
I see their quality control has not improved much and safe to say I will be getting rid of this one and moving on.
Jaguar, I am through with you......

Gabriel
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
That's bizarre. We haven't had one come though with issues. The only ones that have come back where for flat tires and busted wheels from our lovely Michigan roads.

Is that it? Wind noise and trim fit?

suniaz98
08-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Well I guess you can't imagine how WE feel after going through all the problems with the first one. I guess our expectations of a $60,000 car are a little higher than most. How long has Jaguar been making cars???? Time to move on.

jagular
08-13-2008, 05:33 PM
but the reason the wind noise is noticable is the car is very quiet.

At this price there isn't a better package out there for a serious driver.

There is nothing to adjust on the console, it looks that way because of the design. Curved surfaces cannot be made to match squar edge surfaces.

And the performance is sublime. Indeed Jaguar has been making cars for a long time and they are marvelous to drive.

suniaz98
08-14-2008, 01:27 AM
I commend you on your defense of Jaguar. Obviously you are a big fan.

The center console has a dent in it? The covers for the cupholders do not align? I hear some road noise from the 19" tires but the sound of wind as if the window was slighly open?

You drink your Jaguar koolaid. Too many car manufacturers have been shoving mediocre products at us and now it is time to call one out!

Evinx
08-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Seems to me that some cupholder and console issues are not sufficient reasons to dump a car. The wind noise can be frustrating but the dealership deserves a chance to resolve these. I think you are so upset from the first XF (that the dealership took back), that you have zero tolerance for some relatively minor issues.

suniaz98
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes I have zero tolerance. Is that so wrong? Don't you think Jaguar should have worked a little harder in making this model a hit with consumers? Especially someone whos is new to their product. Jaguar's reputation as a "always in the shop" brand is not improving in my eyes.
Best of luck to all. Love the style. Interior. Engine. Just improve quality control.

Gabriel
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
This sounds like a dealership issue. A dent inside on the trim? I'd be pissed. That should be replaced with a big sorry for your troubles "here's something for free" That's what we do. It should not have been delievered like that unless it was a demo and was saving him some money.

We've had almost 100 XF's go though our store and I haven't seen one with dents inside or misaligned pieces. I wonder if Port took apart something and didn't fit it back correctly? The wind noise shouldn't sound like the windows open. That's something we've never heard of either.

Sorry your having such a rotten experience. That is not the norm. If the wind noise wasn't there on your test drive it shouldn't be there when you drive off the lot, and your salesperson shouldn've caught the dent.

S.Hammons
08-15-2008, 02:09 PM
You touch on a very important subject..."someone who is new to their product." What Jaguar was/is trying to do with the XF is bring in a whole new demographic. That is why it is so radically different in styling from the rest of the line-up. To me the XF looks like a really cool Lexus (which is why I would not have one). But that is just me. I plan to keep my 2000 XJ8 until it runs into the ground. Also, as I told my Jaguar dealership when they telephoned inviting me to a XF preview party and test drive: "No way would I ever buy a first year (or even second year) new Jaguar model." When the S-type first came out, it was a major piece of dung for the first three years, the X type was horrible from the get-go and still horrible when they gave it the heave-ho last year. Early XK8's and XJ8's had their problems too. I think you would be much happier with a Lexus or Acura.

daveabrams
08-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I have owned 2 Lexus prior to buying the XF, Just love the car, find it much more fun to drive compared to the Lexus, however I have had some small issues, like the drivers door speakers not working, the center speaker grille rippled,and a small paint flaw certainly things that would have been adressed by my Lexus dealer in the PDI, however overall I find the car a dream tio drive, and I love the stares and comments I get from other drivers. I am having problems coming to grips operating the voice command and navigation system, but overall I am very impressed and pleased.

suniaz98
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I still love this car but need to separate from Jaguar. I will give this one away!
A couple of other things about the dealer. It has been two weeks and the loan on the first XF has not been paid yet. Thye now have the first XF up for sale. I checked Carfax and nothing listed as a buyback. I posted warning with Carfax to check repair history. I hope the new owner looks at Carfax.

Roger
01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Suniaz98 isn't the only with problems. The XF is our fourth Jaguar and while we love to drive it (when it works) and think it has very sexy lines, it really hasn't been anything but trouble.

The other three? Great, no problems to speak of. The XF? Cursed.

The computer reboots while you're driving, it fails to start, it has problems turning when you first start it (differential), it had the turn-signal speaker issue (we were one of the first to report it), the D-Rings, odd knocks, noises and problems, etc, etc.

Today, we had it towed, while running, to the dealer as it just decided not to start.

The dealership called us and said, 'wow, it has lots of network issues and is pretty screwed up.'

What are you supposed to think??

And to the people with the attitude 'don't buy a first iteration of X, Y, or Z.' Screw that. How about, 'don't sell a car that's still in beta?'

We really like the XF, just not the one we have

Gabriel
01-06-2009, 12:49 PM
If your dealership cannot fix the network problems after repeated trying you can exchange that car. They don't like to do it but it's not your fault if they can't fix it. Everyone deserves a perfect car. Not a troubled one.

Tonto
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index