Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

LeChef
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I got the call today from the dealer to say that my car now had its spec "frozen" for production. Can anyone tell me how long before the car is produced, and how long before likely arrival at the dealer? I'm in Chicago if that makes any difference.

MTIA997 Carrera 2S Cab Seal Gray/Black. XF-R Botanical Green + London Tan or order

myer
06-17-2009, 01:06 AM
It will most probably go into production early in July. Once it has been built your dealer will be able to provide you with the VIN number. The build time is approximately three weeks. The cars are then transported to the shipping compound and then on to Port Elizabeth NJ. That usually takes another four weeks.Customs clearance and then to your dealer, another week.

You should take delivery in early September.

How do I know all this? I visited the XF production line, last year and had a supercharged XF in build in May.

Le Chef
06-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I got an email from the dealer to say production before the end of June and delivery by end of July. Here's hoping.

Myer
06-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Do let me know when you take delivery. I think July is unrealistic. It depends how the production of your car coincides with shipping schedules. It might be at the port for a couple of weeks, waiting to be loaded. In any instance the journey time across the Atlantic is approximately fourteen days. You could be lucky and get the car mid to late August at best.

LeChef
06-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Dealer has confirmed that the spec was "frozen" just over a week ago. Build will be at the end of next week, and delivery will be end of July. Can't wait!997 Carrera 2S Cab Seal Gray/Black. XF-R Botanical Green + London Tan or order

Myer
07-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Have you had delivery of your new XF?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index