Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

rotweissessen
06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm just curious to know your thoughts (I didn't get any feedback on the Mercedes Forum).

I am going to replace all 4 tires on my E350 and right now I am leaning toward the Toyo TR1, but I have also heard a lot of good stuff about the Conti SportContact 3. I was wondering if any of you have tried either on a E350 and what the results were? I am looking for max performance in dry and wet and quiet noise wise, the mileage I am not that concerned about becasue I don't expect them to last 35k. Both are nice looking and I am sure they are both better then OEM Conti ProContact, which really isn't OEM qualtiy for this vehicle IMO.

Robert Hode
06-19-2009, 02:05 PM
In my opinion (I've used both tires), Conti's SportContact tires are harsher from a ride and noise perspective, but handles the road better (in comparison to Toyo - I think you're referring to the T1-R, not TR1). The T1-R provides a softer ride and less road noise, but you sacrifice handling characteristics. So, it depends on what your preferences are.

For the Toyo tires, best prices I've found, including shipping costs, is online at treadepot.com. Not available at Tire Rack. If anyone knows of better prices, please chime in.

Hope this helps.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index