Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

V12RR
08-16-2009, 09:13 PM
The new 2011 Bentley Mulsanne from VW was unveiled today which is basically an Arnage tacked onto a Flying Spur Speed and it just doesn’t work! It looks wrong, it looks like some love child between Toyota and Jaguar.

The Arnage was a classic design and clearly stood out from the crowd… it had style and real presence - a timeless elegance that could have easily been developed further.

It’s a real shame because we’ll all have to move onto the Phantom as the only true luxury car left on the world market – the all new Bentley – it aint grand – it’s a joke.

XXXJAG
08-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Are they ruining it? They have ruined it! It's dead. It's stone, cold dead.

There are just so many things wrong with this that I don't know where to begin...

Firstly, the Bentley "Mulsanne"... are you kidding me? They've tried to use a classic name from Bentley's history to disguise what is a Volkswagen creation. This is not a Bentley. This is badge engineering.

Secondly, the styling. Just look at it - it's obscene. They've taken an Arnage and tried to make it look like a sibling of the Continental. The result is a fugly sister. There are so many competing elements that there's no cohesion, let alone elegance. What a disgraceful mess.

I could go on - and maybe I will later - but for the time-being, I feel that we need to take the time to mourn the death of Bentley.

RIP Bentley.

We'll miss you.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index