Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Figaro
11-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Today I was shocked to come across this article --

Ten Clunker Cars To Avoid (http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/11/clunker-cars-repairs-lifestyle-vehicles-clunkers.html)

Who is Hannah Elliott and what are her qualifications as an auto expert?

Figaro

Gabriel
11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
What a piece of crap story. The XF hasn't even been out long enough for most owners to be out of the factory warranty. Where does she come up with that $1,000 more per year figure?

I followed though the comments and came across two readers defending the XF.

first XF post

I am not expert on the Jaguar XF, but was extremely surprised to see this car on the list in this article. I have been interested in purchasing one, and have read nothing but rave reviews on the reliability and value of this car. I've never read anything negative about the XF until this article. I'd love to know where the information was compiled from to include it in this article.

second XF post

Hmmmm. Not too impressed with the metrics used to determine "clunker" status. Notice all are rather expensive vehicles- therefore, one would expect expensive to repair. We've got a 2009 Jag XF Supercharged and had a single warranty-covered issue so far. Granted, the repair was expensive, but it was not only covered....the dealer provided a lovely loaner (Volvo X90), cleaned the interior of the car, topped off the tank prior to handing it back, and granted us a free dinner at a decent, local restaurant. If that's clunker....sign me up.

jagular
11-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Since they say they are using the average for the five years previous to 2009 model year they obviously do not know what they are talking about.

Figaro
11-21-2009, 06:42 AM
we need to complain to Steve Forbes about this...

mkaresh
02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Forbes isn't always thorough when throwing together these lists. But the XF is in this one because it has scored badly in every reliability survey. The survey I conduct at TrueDelta.com promptly updates four times a year, so we reported this far ahead of anyone else. But CR and JD Power both later confirmed our results.

The good news is that we also report any improvement ahead of everyone else, and the XF has been improving, if still worse than average.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index