Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paul
02-20-2011, 09:58 PM
My friend has a 2007 E350 sedan 4matic and she keeps blowing out tires. She is running 17" tires with a very low profile. The dealer keeps telling her that she has to run this low profile tire and that there is no other option for a beefier tire. I think the dealer is just selling her a line as she has bought 7 new tires in the last two years. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tire with more profile?

bestoverall
09-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm in the same situation. My wife drives the same exact model with 18" tires. These low profile tires develop air bubbles so easily that she went through 5 ~ 6 tires within the last 2 years. We do have a tire insurance, but recently maxed out on the coverage. The Continental oem tires seem not very reliable. I'm thinking of changing them out to another brand like Good Year Eagles which are almost half the price or perhaps go to 50 profiles instead of 40.

Any advice would be useful!

djbamber
10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I would suggest going to a website like tire rack.com. You can compare different sizes, I have a 2007 E350 sport. I think that a 245/45r18 would be a comparable tire to check!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index