Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jconsidi
02-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Greetings to all on this forum. I have searched the archive for this and can't find anything helpful, sorry if I've missed a faq.

I'm changing the front springs on my 2003 C270cdi W203 Avantgarde, because one coil spring broke. I have run into major difficulty reassembling the struts. The shock absorber / damper piston won't extend anywhere near enough to let me r-fit the bearing plate and top nut. I have the springs compressed to about 1/3rd of their free length. I have a very experienced mechanic looking at this and he is at a total loss to explain it. Our local MB dealers haven't run into anything ike it either, and they say there is no special jig for reassembling the struts, they are conventional and should be straightforward to rebuild.

One possibility is that the strut insert has failed somehow, is that reasonable? Should it come to rest with the piston in or out?

All help welcome and appreciated.

PKV-Vergleich
02-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Mercedes is one of the best and most beautiful, especially the most reliable cars.
Für eine Private Krankenversicherung (http://www.vergleich-private-krankenversicherung.org/) lohnt sich ein Vergleich im Netz.
Top <a href="" title="">Vergleich für die Private Krankenversicherung</a> kostenlos online.

jconsidi
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Well Mercedes Driver, that somewhat ungrammatical answer was about as useful as bull's [Oops!], thank you.
I eventually had to take the struts to my MB dealer and they were able to re-assemble them, didn't charge much either.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index