Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension issues

mmaynard
04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Hello,
I have a 2005 bentley continental GT with around 45K miles. The front suspension sags almost to the wheel. Also seem to have a faulty brake light sensor that comes on and off from time to time. I have read that it is possible to have a faulty battery, which could cause these issues. But since the car is actually sagging, I am figuring something bigger. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

daet1234
04-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I would check a couple of things first. Does the car make a noise from the back when it is first turned on? That could be the compressor. The fuses: any that are related to the air suspension. Also check for any noise like hissing from under the vehicle.

The Struts have an electrical connector on top that seems to be an electronic valve. I could not collapse the new one I installed but could easily the old. maybe check for voltage on the connector while running?

More invasive: disconnect the front air line and send low air pressure back through the line, listen for any hissing.

Barring any of these things it sounds like you might need air struts.

There is a rebuilder in Florida that sells them for about 1K (dealer to shop is ~2.6k)

ArnottInc
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Arnott recently started selling rebuilt, OE front air shocks for the 2003-2008 Bentley Continental GT and the 4-door 2006-2008 Bentley Flying Spur. These remanufactured Bentley replacement shocks (http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_BENTLEY_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid27_pid177.htm l)have new rubber air spring bladders and a new CNC machined aluminum upper housing. Arnott's price is $1,125 plus a $400 core charge. They also buy used Bentley air suspention parts (http://www.arnottindustries.com/blog/posts/we-buy-and-recycle-cores.html).

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index