Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 2003 C230 Kompressor (6spd Manual) - Random hi/low idle when stopped

GCMC230K
07-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I didn't see anything posted about this topic, so I thought I'd ask. I have a 2003 C230 Kompressor with a manual 6 speed. Great car, bought it used from the previous original owner with 97,000 on the clock. I'm at 156,000 and its still runs, drives and looks like new, but for some reason at idle the RPM's will go from normal idle speed to 2500-3000 and back down again and again and again. I'm guessing vacuum leak, but I'm lost. Already replaced the MAF, plugs and inspected all the vacuum lines I could see, but can't figure it out. CEL (check engine light comes on) about every 70-80 miles after reset. I will have to get the codes off the scanner again for anyone who can help.

No drivability issues other then the idle problem??? Oh, if its doing the idle up and down thing, turning on the AC seems to stop it temporarily??? 6984

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index