Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

thomasdean932
03-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi my name is Thomas, I am a newbie… I have a 2005 BMW 5 Series (GREY) with some rock chips on the hood and doors, I've been doing a lot of reading in the forum but can't find anything about rock chip repair… I saw a TV commercial this past Sunday on Car Crazy on the Velocity Channel for a company called EZ Chip Repair… I went to their website Ezchiprepair.com and looked around… the product looks good, so I went to google and read the reviews and they have mostly good reviews. So my question is has anyone in this forum tried this product???? I would love their feedback before i buy it… Thank you

goatboy
03-07-2014, 12:02 AM
I duh know about EZ Chip, but here's what I do.

a. Get a fresh touch-up kit from BMW, e.g. mail order from Roadfly sponsor Crevier BMW.

b. Go to an arts & crafts store, and buy the smallest brush they have. The one that comes with the BMW touch-up paint is too big. Get a little bottle of paint thinner/brush cleaner while you're there.

c. Clean and dry the surface.

d. With a steady hand (lay off the Starbucks for a day or two beforehand), put ONE (and only one) small dob of color in the hole. You're done for now. Clean your brush. Let it dry overnight.

e. Repeat step d. until the hole is mostly, but not fully filled with color paint.

f. Make the last dob, per step d with clear coat that comes in the kit.

I don't like the idea of smearing paint outside the nick, or spot polishing the area around the nick.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index