Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Road bumps felt in steering wheel

bjlubxo
09-24-2014, 08:03 PM
2009 Bentley GTC, How much of the "road feel" is Normal to be transmitted into the steering wheel?
I expected the suspension would filter it all out - what is considered normal for this car?
Thanks

thanes1
10-16-2014, 11:46 AM
2009 Bentley GTC, How much of the "road feel" is Normal to be transmitted into the steering wheel?
I expected the suspension would filter it all out - what is considered normal for this car?
Thanks

I am not too sure what would be considered normal but I experienced an issue with my 2007 Bentley and i had to replace my rack and pinons. At low speed, a turning circle of 38.7 feet should deliver reasonable maneuverability. At any speed, the dual-pane glass should ensures the drive is quiet. So if you are having problems manuveuring at low speed or hear a lot of noise at high speeds I would recommend getting it checked out.

hpnewport
12-09-2014, 12:26 PM
i have a 2009 GTC and experience steering wheel vibration from about 48mph-70...i had my aftermarket wheels taken off and put on brand new Bentley stock wheels and tires and it didn't go away so I know it isn't my wheels...read a few other forum posts that this is not unusual but can be related to the rack/pinion gaskets but it doesn't bother me enough to spend that $$

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index