Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

CCP
10-23-1998, 09:51 AM
Anyone had any success installing a non-BMW CD changer in an E46? I saw this question in a previous post, but I didn't see any conclusions. I would rather not pay $500-700 for the factory model. Any help would be appreciated.

John
10-23-1998, 10:25 AM
I have researched this subject THOROUGHLY. There is no replacement (other than an RF unit controlled by a preset on your tuner and definitely low-fi) which will work. Check out www.autotoys.com for their analysis of the problem.<p>I'm sure the minute anyone finds such a unit at a good price, you'll see it here on this board. I knew I wouldn't pay the price they were asking and ordered my E46 with the CD player in the head unit. I can live with that when the alternative is $683.00 + tax!<p><i>: Anyone had any success installing a non-BMW CD changer in an E46? I saw this question in a previous post, but I didn't see any conclusions. I would rather not pay $500-700 for the factory model. Any help would be appreciated.<p></i>

Prashan (UK)
10-26-1998, 04:27 PM
Most Car Audio installers in the UK stock an adaptor that will allow you to coonect any off the street Alpine CD changer to the standard E46 harness and radio. It costs 20 and I've just installed on ein my new E46 323i<br>Regards<br>Prashan

arthur
10-27-1998, 11:59 AM
Check out www.autotoys.com<br>There is presently no aftermarket CD changer that is compatible to the E46 I-bus and wiring.<p><br><i>: Anyone had any success installing a non-BMW CD changer in an E46? I saw this question in a previous post, but I didn't see any conclusions. I would rather not pay $500-700 for the factory model. Any help would be appreciated.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index