Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

DCC
10-23-1998, 11:36 AM
What do you guys think?...I have yet to see a Estoril Blue Coupe in person.<br>

Jersey Joe
10-23-1998, 12:40 PM
Definitely a color that stands out the most, next to Dakar Yellow. Also, it's an M-Series only. I love it and get complements on it all the time.<br>Jersey Joe<br>98 M3/2 Estoril Blue<p></i>

Bruce
10-23-1998, 12:45 PM
<i>:Also, it's an M-Series only. </i><p>nothing is M only...you can get any color on any model- but for a price....in the US you can get Estoril Blue on the Z3 2.3 or the Z3 2.8 for $1500-2000...i am not sure what the extra cost is one the 3 series though<p>but i agree, i LOVE my Esotril Blue M roadster<p>Bruce

Jim
10-23-1998, 09:21 PM
<i>: What do you guys think?...I have yet to see a Estoril Blue Coupe in person.<p></i><p>Estoril blue is absolutely the BEST M3 color yet. I get compliments every time I take the car out (97 M3). Mine is a bit different though. I completed what BMW forgot to paint. I had the door handles and rear diffuser painted. Easy job and looks great!!!

Mister Vanos
10-24-1998, 02:54 AM
<i>: I had the door handles and rear diffuser painted. Easy job and looks great!!! </i><p>Jim,<p>I am interested in how you painted the door handles. I would love to see some photos. Can you post or e-mail me. Thanks.<p>Mr. V<p>

Jim
10-24-1998, 09:36 AM
<i>: : I had the door handles and rear diffuser painted. Easy job and looks great!!! <p>: Jim,<p>: I am interested in how you painted the door handles. I would love to see some photos. Can you post or e-mail me. Thanks.<p>: Mr. V<p></i><p>Mr. V,<p>I have some close friends/clients that own a body shop in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY (Overseas Autobody) that can work miracles on BMW's (they did the job). Door handles are much easier though. The piece around the actual handle that you pull can easily be removed. Look at the door-jam and you will see a black rubber plug. this allows you access to somehow remove that piece along with the rubber seal. That plastic piece is painted separately but the actual handle is painted while on the car. It looks absolutely factory!!! I don't have access to a scanner yet but once I do I will email a picture to you. I also have another idea. Instead of using the same factory piece (ie, the one with the keyhole) you could use the same piece from the rear doors of a sedan and completely hide the keyhole. This assumes you have a keyless alarm. You would also have to recess the actuall key lock. The reason I am thinking of this (besides aesthetics) is that the most popular way of breaking into M3s is through the keyhole!!! I have seen tons of M3s go through the body shop for that reason alone. If the remote ever goes dead then use trunk key to open (thank God for central locking). Out of sight, out of mind!!!!

Bruce
10-24-1998, 01:01 PM
<i>:I don't have access to a scanner yet but once I do I will email a picture to you.</i><p>please post them on here...if i had a scanner i would offer to scan and host the pics, maybe somebody else can scan and post?<p><i> I also have another idea. Instead of using the same factory piece (ie, the one with the keyhole) you could use the same piece from the rear doors of a sedan and completely hide the keyhole. This assumes you have a keyless alarm. You would also have to recess the actuall key lock. The reason I am thinking of this (besides aesthetics) is that the most popular way of breaking into M3s is through the keyhole!!! I have seen tons of M3s go through the body shop for that reason alone. If the remote ever goes dead then use trunk key to open (thank God for central locking). Out of sight, out of mind!!!!</i><p>i like that idea too...when i was at the Greer factory over labor day i noticed that the passenger doors on the European cars didn't have lock tumbler, just blanks like you describe<p>Bruce

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index