Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jeff@thefixx.org
10-25-1998, 10:34 AM
<br> I must admit, I hate calling the dealer every time I have a minor question, especially since I've already commited to buying the car (E46 323i - but I suspect the following questions apply to all current production BMWs). So, I pose them to you all here...<p>1) Does BMW clearcoat non-metalic colors (specifically Alpine White)<p>2) Is the nighttime dash illumination still red (as it is on my '91 318is)<p>3) What is the "BMW Ambiance Lighting" mentioned in the brochure.<p> Thanks for any info,<p>jeff<p>

Alex B.
10-25-1998, 01:52 PM
: 2) Is the nighttime dash illumination still red (as it is on my '91 318is)<p>Yes, Jeff, it is still red, however, I have heard there is a tinge of orange to it. May be it was like that with your 318is too.<p>: 3) What is the "BMW Ambiance Lighting" mentioned in the brochure.<p>Could this be the way the lights slowly fade out when you close the doors, or could this be the map lights on the 328i Jeff? Just a thought.<p>I will do some research on this and let you know about it. In the meanwhile, peace!<p>Alex B.

Bimmer Dude
10-26-1998, 03:26 AM
All paints are clear coated now since they outlawed lead based paints.<p>BD<br>

Brad D
10-26-1998, 03:57 PM
<i>: <p>: 3) What is the "BMW Ambiance Lighting" mentioned in the brochure.<p></i><p>This is a pair of tiny, red lights in the roof light cluster that shine down on the stereo and gearshift area. This gives a very dim, soft red illumination of those areas at nighttime, so that it is easier to see controls, etc.<p>BMW seems to be touting this as a new feature, but in reality it is on the current 7 and 5-series. So, it may be that this is the first 3-series to get it.<p>I've seen these in action on a 7-series, and the effect is very nice...<p>Brad D

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index