Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ryan G.
10-25-1998, 07:12 PM
I am just about to receive my Sport package 323i in about 4 weeks from my dealer in Riverside, CA. I have been checking out the photos you guys had posted in the last few weeks on the standard alloys on my car. Like some other future owneres of the 323i Sport, I did not care for the wheels that come with it. I would really like to see if my dealer would swap them for the nice 17" alloys they have in the TV commercial, car magazine write-ups, Roundel, and other publications I have seen. I have yet the see any Sports package of either 323 or 328, but I really like those 17" Sport 328i rims very much.<p>Question #1: If I upgraded my wheels from 16 x 7" 225's of the 323i Sport to 17 x 8" of the 328i Sport, will I have to recalibrate my speedometer on my 323i? It would seems that there should be some type of adjustment necessary for this different size wheel exchange. <p>Question #2: Will my performance off the line, top speed,or anything else be affected by moving to 17" tires instead of 16"? I know my handling will improve, but will I suffer from very slight loss in off the line performance? <p>Thank you in advance for your help in clarifying these issues for me. I am still debating whether to keep those weird 10-spoke wheels on my car or move up to the nicer 17" wheels. Time is ticking and I need to make a decision soon before my car gets here.<p>Thanks guys.<p>Ryan Garretson

Kevin
10-25-1998, 07:22 PM
I want that 328i Sport Package in Silver with gray leather, wood, xenons, HK, CD, and Moonroof. Any idea who has the best prices in San Diego area on the new 3's?<p>Kevin

Andi
10-25-1998, 07:28 PM
The speedometer does not to be recalibrated as long as you keep the overall diameter of wheels + tires equivalent. In the case of the 328i sport wheels, they're the same overall diameter. In fact, AFAIK all the wheel/tire combinations offered on the E46 have the same overall diameter. (Excepting maybe the new M3 :-o). <p><a href="http://www.tirerack.com/">The Tire Rack</a> has very good explanations of this in their tech sections. Hope this helps, --Andi<p><i>: I am just about to receive my Sport package 323i in about 4 weeks from my dealer in Riverside, CA. I have been checking out the photos you guys had posted in the last few weeks on the standard alloys on my car. Like some other future owneres of the 323i Sport, I did not care for the wheels that come with it. I would really like to see if my dealer would swap them for the nice 17" alloys they have in the TV commercial, car magazine write-ups, Roundel, and other publications I have seen. I have yet the see any Sports package of either 323 or 328, but I really like those 17" Sport 328i rims very much.<p>: Question #1: If I upgraded my wheels from 16 x 7" 225's of the 323i Sport to 17 x 8" of the 328i Sport, will I have to recalibrate my speedometer on my 323i? It would seems that there should be some type of adjustment necessary for this different size wheel exchange. <p>: Question #2: Will my performance off the line, top speed,or anything else be affected by moving to 17" tires instead of 16"? I know my handling will improve, but will I suffer from very slight loss in off the line performance? <p>: Thank you in advance for your help in clarifying these issues for me. I am still debating whether to keep those weird 10-spoke wheels on my car or move up to the nicer 17" wheels. Time is ticking and I need to make a decision soon before my car gets here.<p>: Thanks guys.<p>: Ryan Garretson<p></i>

Ryan G.
10-25-1998, 07:43 PM
Appreciate the message.<p>Ryan G.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index