Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ali B.
10-26-1998, 07:25 PM
I just heard from a dealer I just called that the Sport Package of the has been postponed for Nov. production as the first month of production. This information was provided by McKenna BMW in city of Norwalk, CA. All their October production cars were not built as of today and are expected to be built for November instead. <p>So, anybody expecting to see a new 323i Sport pack anytime soon will have to wait until late December or early to mid January. What did you expect from a first year car?<p>

Tony
10-26-1998, 07:33 PM
<i>: I just heard from a dealer I just called that the Sport Package of the has been postponed for Nov. production as the first month of production. This information was provided by McKenna BMW in city of Norwalk, CA. All their October production cars were not built as of today and are expected to be built for November instead. <p>: So, anybody expecting to see a new 323i Sport pack anytime soon will have to wait until late December or early to mid January. What did you expect from a first year car?<p></i>I don't think you have been given the right information. My 323 sport package in Alpine white/sand leather/woodtrim/5 speed was built on 9/30/98. I should be picking it up at the dealer in Hamden Ct. on 10/31.

Ali B.
10-26-1998, 07:50 PM
I have been told by many sources that it takes a miniumum of 2 months, sometimes up to 2.5 months. If your car was built on 9/30, it is highly unlikely that it will be here in only a month. But, I could be wrong. In anyways, if you do get it on Halloween, good luck with your new sport package and please take some pictures and post it for us so we can see your sport package alloys. Every here seems to be very very curious to see how they look on the car.<p>AB<p>Ali B.

Tony
10-26-1998, 09:06 PM
<i>: I have been told by many sources that it takes a miniumum of 2 months, sometimes up to 2.5 months. If your car was built on 9/30, it is highly unlikely that it will be here in only a month. But, I could be wrong. In anyways, if you do get it on Halloween, good luck with your new sport package and please take some pictures and post it for us so we can see your sport package alloys. Every here seems to be very very curious to see how they look on the car.<p>: AB<p>: Ali B.<p></i>I ordered my 323 sport package in late August for October production. My dealer has a daily print out of the status of all cars on order. I recieved a call second week of October that the car was built on 9/30. I recieved another call on 10/23 and was informed that the car left Germany on 10/22. They say less that a week water travel and 2-3 days at the processing center in NJ befor I get the car in Hamden Ct. Hope to have it this weekend, if not early next week.

Ali B.
10-26-1998, 09:16 PM
I stand corrected but I was given this information by a dealer today. Some of these dealers are more confused than their own customers. I am glad BMW did not manage to screw this up like I thought they did. Congradulations on your car and let us know what you like or dislike about it.<p>AB

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index