Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Chris
10-29-1998, 12:22 AM
I was debating the purchase of a 323, but I have heard a couple of people on this board gripe about the lack of torque, limited sweet spot, etc... to the point of where I am seriously thinking about leasing a 328. <br>My question:<p>Who has leased a 328, what options did you get, what was your down payment and monthly payment?<p>The same info would still be useful if you got a 323. Thanks. <p>PS. I have used lease calculators and think my results are a little high for a lease. Please advise. Thanks

Patrick
10-29-1998, 05:00 AM
<i>: I was debating the purchase of a 323, but I have heard a couple of people on this board gripe about the lack of torque, limited sweet spot, etc... to the point of where I am seriously thinking about leasing a 328. <br>: My question:<p>: Who has leased a 328, what options did you get, what was your down payment and monthly payment?<p>: The same info would still be useful if you got a 323. Thanks. <p>: PS. I have used lease calculators and think my results are a little high for a lease. Please advise. Thanks<p></i><p>Chris, why don't you test drive both cars and decide from there? Other people have other opinions, but ultimately you will be driving the car right? <p>--Patrick

Chris
10-29-1998, 07:33 AM
<br>I would, but my dealer has yet to get a 323 manual yet.<p>Any answer to the lease question?<br>

Scott dutch B.
10-29-1998, 11:30 AM
I've ordered a 323 with the sport package,metallic paint and heated seats and my lease payments are going to be around $360 for 3 years and $1500 down. Amazingly, this is $50 a month CHEAPER than I'm currently paying for a VW Jetta GLX, although I only put $500 down for it.<p><br><i>: I was debating the purchase of a 323, but I have heard a couple of people on this board gripe about the lack of torque, limited sweet spot, etc... to the point of where I am seriously thinking about leasing a 328. <br>: My question:<p>: Who has leased a 328, what options did you get, what was your down payment and monthly payment?<p>: The same info would still be useful if you got a 323. Thanks. <p>: PS. I have used lease calculators and think my results are a little high for a lease. Please advise. Thanks<p></i>

Chris
10-29-1998, 11:59 PM
<br>: <br>: I would, but my dealer has yet to get a 323 manual yet.<p>: Any answer to the lease question?<p><p>

Jim
10-30-1998, 01:46 PM
<i>: I've ordered a 323 with the sport package,metallic paint and heated seats and my lease payments are going to be around $360 for 3 years and $1500 down. Amazingly, this is $50 a month CHEAPER than I'm currently paying for a VW Jetta GLX, although I only put $500 down for it.<p><br>Where did you get that lease deal?

Alisa
10-30-1998, 02:19 PM
<i>: <br>: I would, but my dealer has yet to get a 323 manual yet.<br></i><p>My husband and I drove a 323 manual before ordering ours. We also drove the 323 auto, and a 328 manual and auto. Here are my impressions (not that anybody asked for them, but here they are anyway :-)<p>323 manual -- good "torque-y" engine, did not have to downshift from 5th to 4th to pass. Low end torque not quite as good as high end. Acceleration was good enough that I'll be more than happy with it.<br>328 manual -- a screaming machine. Very fast, but not enough difference to me to warrant the extra $7K.<br>323 auto -- not fast enough for my tastes. It was a smooth automatic, though.<br>328 auto -- similar to the 323 manual, but with more torque over the entire range (obviously). The only way I would consider the auto is if I were willing to spend the extra $$ on the 328.

Scott B
10-30-1998, 05:06 PM
Premiere BMW in North Little Rock, AR. The dealer, considering they are the only game in town, was very fair. Apparently the residual on the 323 is relatively high, which of course lowers the amount "financed" on the lease. Also, I qualified for BMWs most favorable lease rate, which is a little less than 8% (I think....have not locked in yet).<p><i>: : I've ordered a 323 with the sport package,metallic paint and heated seats and my lease payments are going to be around $360 for 3 years and $1500 down. Amazingly, this is $50 a month CHEAPER than I'm currently paying for a VW Jetta GLX, although I only put $500 down for it.<p>: <br>: Where did you get that lease deal?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index