Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

umar
10-30-1998, 09:48 AM
i would never get a basic 3. U gys should wait for the m3.More power=more fun.

jeff@thefixx.org
10-30-1998, 10:03 AM
<br>I'll bite - exacty why do you think it's ugly?<p><i>: i would never get a basic 3. U gys should wait for the m3.More power=more fun.<br></i><p> I don't have another the extra $10-15k an M3 will<br>cost, and it will only be a 2-door.<p> jeff

John
10-30-1998, 03:17 PM
Hmm... Is it just me or does anyone out there think the new E46's rear resemble a Hyundai Elantra??? ---No offense intended to all the new E46 owners---

Ken
10-30-1998, 03:31 PM
Actually, the back looks like a Saab 9-5.<p><i>: Hmm... Is it just me or does anyone out there think the new E46's rear resemble a Hyundai Elantra??? ---No offense intended to all the new E46 owners---<p></i>

umar
10-30-1998, 04:52 PM
<br>: I'll bite - exacty why do you think it's ugly?<p>: : i would never get a basic 3. U gys should wait for the m3.More power=more fun.<p>: I don't have another the extra $10-15k an M3 will<br>: cost, and it will only be a 2-door.<p>: jeff<p></i>

Alex B.
10-30-1998, 06:26 PM
Do not waist our bandwidth on graffiti !!!<p>

Andi
10-30-1998, 07:12 PM
Am I the only one who really likes the whole look of the E46? I really love it. I'll take mine in Bright Red, please. --Andi<p><i>: Hmm... Is it just me or does anyone out there think the new E46's rear resemble a Hyundai Elantra??? ---No offense intended to all the new E46 owners---<p></i>

jeff@thefixx.org
10-30-1998, 08:24 PM
<i>: Am I the only one who really likes the whole look of the E46? I really love it. I'll take mine in Bright Red, please. --Andi<p><br> Nope - I love it too - much better than the <br> E36 - the only part of which I ever liked was<br> the rear view. The front end line break between<br> the hood and grill always bugged the snot out<br> of me (no offense E36 owners :-)<p>jef<br></i>

Alex B.
10-30-1998, 09:44 PM
Like Jeff, I liked the E36 rear better than the new E46. I am sure I will get used to it. The front of the E46 is the best of any car in its class, including even the 5 and 7 series BMW's, IMHO.<p>Alex B.

jeff@thefixx.org
10-30-1998, 09:52 PM
<br>Actually, I didn't quite say that. I like the<br>new E46 rear end quite a bit too. <p><i>: Like Jeff, I liked the E36 rear better than the new E46. I am sure I will get used to it. The front of the E46 is the best of any car in its class, including even the 5 and 7 series BMW's, IMHO.<p>: Alex B.<p></i>

Steve
10-30-1998, 11:44 PM
The E46 looks very much (a lot) like a 5 series. The E36 IS a 3 series. When I'm ready for a 5'er (50 yrs old or so) I'll by one :-)<p>Steve '98 318i sedan alpine white/sand leather<br>(the last 318i)<br> <br><i>: i would never get a basic 3. U gys should wait for the m3.More power=more fun.<p></i>

Alex B.
10-30-1998, 11:49 PM
Somehow, this rear thing has to grow on me. As of now, it has a civic-ish look to it or an A4 or something other than a BMW rear. May be it is one of those designs that takes a year or two to get used to. I am also hearing from other non-BMW car enthusiasts that the rear design leaves something to be desired. They do praise the front end though very much.<p>Alex B.

Steve
10-31-1998, 12:00 AM
These are the same comments you hear about the Saab redesign in 1994. "Great front but the back looks like a Hyundi".<p>Steve<p><i>: Somehow, this rear thing has to grow on me. As of now, it has a civic-ish look to it or an A4 or something other than a BMW rear. May be it is one of those designs that takes a year or two to get used to. I am also hearing from other non-BMW car enthusiasts that the rear design leaves something to be desired. They do praise the front end though very much.<p>: Alex B.<p></i>

Harry
10-31-1998, 01:27 AM
I saw the new E46 for the first time last week. The car is drop dead gorgeous. It truely looks like a whole lot of car for the money. According to the road tests...it also looks like it can hold it's own. I really thought the E36 couldn't be topped until the E46 came along. <p>Harry<br>97 M3/4

paul elliott
11-02-1998, 01:39 PM
<i>: Hmm... Is it just me or does anyone out there think the new E46's rear resemble a Hyundai Elantra??? ---No offense intended to all the new E46 owners---<p></i><br>I think it looks more like a Tercel....What's with that pushed in nose! I mean, short overhangs are nice, but this is ridiculous....

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index