Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Stephen
10-31-1998, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know what telephone options are available for the E46? I've been told there is no factory fit option but there is an aftermarket kit (Phase V). Does this integrate with the navigation display and multi-function wheel (both of which I've ordered)? <p>What aerial does the system use? Do all navigation systems have the small roof aerial I've seen in some pictures? If so, can the phone use it?<p>Thanks!

Martin Quatermass
11-02-1998, 11:53 AM
I haven't seen it, but I think the phone, air, and stereo use the navigation display. I also beleive that that phone and navigation system use the same aerial that is standard on all US E46s. Two phones are available from the dealer: one is portable, and the other is built-in. The portable looks pretty large compared to other phones on the market, but both phones integrate with the steering wheel and the navigation system.

Stephen
11-02-1998, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the help!

Brad D
11-04-1998, 06:28 PM
: I haven't seen it, but I think the phone, air, and stereo use the navigation display. I also beleive that that phone and navigation system use the same aerial that is standard on all US E46s. Two phones are available from the dealer: one is portable, and the other is built-in. The portable looks pretty large compared to other phones on the market, but both phones integrate with the steering wheel and the navigation system.<p>No, I'm pretty sure that the nav system does not control the air. Yes, the full screen nav system fills the spot where the standard radio/cassette and climate control go, but the climate control unit is simply moved down into the area just below (which is otherwise a storage compartment).<p>Brad D

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index