Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Eric Nguyen
11-03-1998, 03:32 PM
A friend of mine recently purchased a '95 M3 however I noticed that his key (with light) is rectangular shaped with the ///M logo. Mine however, is the lighted key with the roundel in the center as the button (looks like all the other BMW lighted keys). I do know that his M3 is a '94 build whereas mine is a 9/95 build. Am I supposed to have the "M exclusive key" or did all later model M3's come with the standard key w/light? Does this have anything to do with EWS and non EWS M3's?

NickG
11-03-1998, 07:27 PM
The key differences have to do with the EWS system. His car has EWSI, where your's has EWSII (hence the different keys).<p>Nick<p><i>: A friend of mine recently purchased a '95 M3 however I noticed that his key (with light) is rectangular shaped with the ///M logo. Mine however, is the lighted key with the roundel in the center as the button (looks like all the other BMW lighted keys). I do know that his M3 is a '94 build whereas mine is a 9/95 build. Am I supposed to have the "M exclusive key" or did all later model M3's come with the standard key w/light? Does this have anything to do with EWS and non EWS M3's?<p></i>

Krit P.
11-03-1998, 08:08 PM
<i><br>....<br></i>

Bruce
11-03-1998, 08:11 PM
<i>: <br>: ....<p></i>

KevinG
11-04-1998, 02:29 AM
<br>: A friend of mine recently purchased a '95 M3 however I noticed that his key (with light) is rectangular shaped with the ///M logo. Mine however, is the lighted key with the roundel in the center as the button (looks like all the other BMW lighted keys). I do know that his M3 is a '94 build whereas mine is a 9/95 build. Am I supposed to have the "M exclusive key" or did all later model M3's come with the standard key w/light? Does this have anything to do with EWS and non EWS M3's?<p>I also own a 95 M3, build date 8-95 that also has the roundel in the center. It is my understanding that only the later year 95s had the driveway protection. I truly dont think that your friends car has it, so be GLAD.

Eric Nguyen
11-04-1998, 07:11 PM
I was under the impression that Early '95s did not have EWS however the service guy tried to tell me that none of the '95s have it. If you are correct, then none of the newer M3's have ///M emblem keys?

NickG
11-04-1998, 09:09 PM
The EWSII system began in mid-'95 production cars (like around 2/95 or so). My 6/95 M3 has the EWSII system and a BMW Roundel on the master key (not an ///M emblem).<p>Nick<p><i>: I was under the impression that Early '95s did not have EWS however the service guy tried to tell me that none of the '95s have it. If you are correct, then none of the newer M3's have ///M emblem keys?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index