Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ian
07-24-2000, 09:12 PM
<i>Bavarias are awesome for reliability most parts are interchangable with other models ie alternator,starter,brakes,motors and transmisions.but if you wan't economy convert to fuel injection and fit a 5 spd gearbox and you will get average mpg 20 - 25 and have lots of power. A good buy would be a 74 - 77 3.0 SI The cars are very versatile,4 door large trunk and even a tool kit and lots of room to work in the engine compartment and nothing to dificult to repair, unlike todays automobiles that take an hour to change an Aircleaner element or more to replace heater hoses etc<br></i>

w
07-25-2000, 12:49 AM
THE FIRST FUEL INJECTED MODELS USED MORE FUEL THAN THE CARBY MODELS ACCORDING TO ROAD TESTS DONE WHEN THESE CARS WHERE FIRST RELEASED.

Ian
07-25-2000, 01:21 AM
<i><br>THE FIRST FUEL INJECTED MODELS USED MORE FUEL THAN THE CARBY MODELS ACCORDING TO ROAD TESTS DONE WHEN THESE CARS WHERE FIRST RELEASED.<p></i> The fuel injection is cheap to repair any pre 82 5,6, or 7 series has all the same components and is less troublesome thats why people convert to webbers, the carb repair kit for the zenith carbs is outrages $100 for 3 gaskets the webbers new is $250. all the fuel injection stuff is available from wreckers for peanuts in comparison.besides the economy is in the 5 spd and the injection will pass emision test easier and i personaly got 28 mpg in my 3.5 euro with 5 spd complete with fuel injection and electronic ignition I never get less than 22 mpg blasting around town and leaving mustangs at the lights. <br>

Colin
08-04-2000, 09:42 AM
<i><p><br></i>The ancient Bosch D-jet fuel injection in some of these cars is a nightmare. It was a good idea when new, but 27 year-old points-type injection systems do not bode well for day-to day reliability. Happily, the carbureted cars are fine once the crappy Zeniths have been discarded and replaced with Weber downdrafts. This is definitely the most reliable and maintenance-free setup for these cars, other than modern electronic fuel injection.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index