Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bradley
12-23-1998, 10:50 PM
I am having trouble with my antenna. After many winters of being frozen and locking up half way through the trip up. Now the motor runs when the car is started and turned off, but there is no motion in the mast at all. Can just the mast be replaced (assuming that there is a gear which must be toothless on the mast) or does the whole unit need to be replaced?

jocko
12-24-1998, 02:22 AM
<i>: I am having trouble with my antenna. After many winters of being frozen and locking up half way through the trip up. Now the motor runs when the car is started and turned off, but there is no motion in the mast at all. Can just the mast be replaced (assuming that there is a gear which must be toothless on the mast) or does the whole unit need to be replaced?<p></i><br>there are usually 2 common things that can be<br>associated with this problem most units have a small drive belt that breaks and or there is a long plastic piece that resembles a zip tie that<br>connects from the motor to top of mast that strips<br>out . www.bavauto.com sells repair kits for most<br>of them

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index