Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Need HElp
12-27-1998, 09:59 AM
I am trying to adapt an AutoMeter Monster tach and shift light to my 91 318is. The problem is not one of the people who "know BMW's" can tell me how to hook it up. I have found in a Bosch manual that there is a "Reference Mark Sensor" located tangent to the flywheel. By definition it measures crank angle and is said to provide exceptionally acurate rpm<br>and TDC info to the motronic ECU. It also said it generates voltage by induction. Does anyone know anything about this sensor and the amount of voltage that it produces? Enough to run the tach? Am I still looking in the wrong place for my answer? Can anyone help me?.....

Randy Sparre
01-17-1999, 02:37 AM
<i>: I am trying to adapt an AutoMeter Monster tach and shift light to my 91 318is. The problem is not one of the people who "know BMW's" can tell me how to hook it up. I have found in a Bosch manual that there is a "Reference Mark Sensor" located tangent to the flywheel. By definition it measures crank angle and is said to provide exceptionally acurate rpm<br>: and TDC info to the motronic ECU. It also said it generates voltage by induction. Does anyone know anything about this sensor and the amount of voltage that it produces? Enough to run the tach? Am I still looking in the wrong place for my answer? Can anyone help me?.....<p></i>I've got a tach on my car, but it was easy to install because I'm using a Jacobs Ignition (Omni pack) I need it because I've got a 80hp shot of nitrous, but anyone can benefit from it (hp & gas consuption) the ignition wasn't that expensive ($300 Canadian) probably $180 US and took 8 min to install. Give it a try if your not too tight on cash, You can always use the ignition on any other car if you decide to sell.<p>any questions? gasef@home.com

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index