Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ari d kayserian
01-02-1999, 06:38 PM
can anyone please tell me how to wire the fog lights so that they will turn on with out having to turn on the headlights?<br>I know this can be done!! mabey they can be wired with the park lights instead. Bascially i want them to work like the e36 models i have an 87 325 Thanks!!!

Tim J
01-03-1999, 11:23 PM
I have a 90 325 and I haven't tried re-wiring the fog lights, but all you should need to do is cut the wire going to the power switch for the fog lights and replace it with the wire going to the park lights. The main thing to remember is that you will need to add a relay (pick one up a radioshack) because you need the fog lights to still go off when your high beams are on. I'm not really sure on the hook ups for the relay...if you need help e-mail me and I can tell ya after I look at one....anyway, you will need to wire the high beam wire into the relay to "kill" the fog lights when they are active. It's really not as complicated as it sounds. Like I said, e-mail me if you need to..I could look at the wiring on my 90 and tell you specific wire colors etc.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index