Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bob Konkel
01-10-1999, 01:51 AM
I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in my 87 325is<br>it seems like it would be pretty straight forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who has done this before. Any complications?

AS
01-10-1999, 03:37 AM
<i>: I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in my 87 325is<br>: it seems like it would be pretty straight forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who has done this before. Any complications? <p></i><p>I've heard that Axiom Race Engineering in Santa Ana, CA has done that conversion b4 with great results...give them a call...i have posted their website address.... good luck www.axiomrace.com

Ronald
01-10-1999, 11:35 AM
<br><i>: : I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in <br>my 87 325is<br>: : it seems like it would be pretty straight <br>forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who <br>has done this before. Any complications? <p><br>: I've heard that Axiom Race Engineering in Santa <br>Ana, CA has done that conversion b4 with great <br>results...give them a call...i have posted their <br>website address.... good luck www.axiomrace.com<p></i>Give Pete Mchenry a call.<br>He can set you up with a m50 and install instructions. im totally satisfied with everything he has sent me. i plan to do business again with him in the future.<br>his # is 1-336-761-0643<br>

Aleck
01-13-1999, 09:44 PM
<br>: <br>: : : I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in <br>: my 87 325is<br>: : : it seems like it would be pretty straight <br>: forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who <br>: has done this before. Any complications? <p>: <br>: : I've heard that Axiom Race Engineering in Santa <br>: Ana, CA has done that conversion b4 with great <br>: results...give them a call...i have posted their <br>: website address.... good luck www.axiomrace.com<p>: Give Pete Mchenry a call.<br>: He can set you up with a m50 and install instructions. im totally satisfied with everything he has sent me. i plan to do business again with him in the future.<br>: his # is 1-336-761-0643<br>the convertion is very straight forward if the engine is SOHC 12 valves, and you have no air conditioning if you do you either take it out or relocated because you will have to cut a part of the front just under the hood for the radiator becase the egine is too long and you will have to use an electric fan with two termo switches.<br>

Aldrin
01-15-1999, 05:53 PM
<i>: <br>: : <br>: : : : I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in <br>: : my 87 325is<br>: : : : it seems like it would be pretty straight <br>: : forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who <br>: : has done this before. Any complications? <p>: : <br>: the convertion is very straight forward if the engine is SOHC 12 valves, and you have no air conditioning if you do you either take it out or relocated because you will have to cut a part of the front just under the hood for the radiator becase the egine is too long and you will have to use an electric fan with two termo switches.<p>What about the exhaust,transmission and diff. Will they remain the same or do they have to be changed also ?<br>

ARE
01-15-1999, 06:21 PM
<i>: : <br>: : : <br>: : : : : I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in <br>: : : my 87 325is<br>: : : : : it seems like it would be pretty straight <br>: : : forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who <br>: : : has done this before. Any complications? <p>: : : <br>: : the convertion is very straight forward if the engine is SOHC 12 valves, and you have no air conditioning if you do you either take it out or relocated because you will have to cut a part of the front just under the hood for the radiator becase the egine is too long and you will have to use an electric fan with two termo switches.<p>: What about the exhaust,transmission and diff. Will they remain the same or do they have to be changed also ?<p></i><br>or you can go with the E36 M50 or M52 motor implant...but thats another story

aleck
01-22-1999, 09:38 PM
<br>: : : <br>: : : : <br>: : : : : : I am planning to put a 2.8 litre engine in <br>: : : : my 87 325is<br>: : : : : : it seems like it would be pretty straight <br>: : : : forward. Im looking for feedback from anyone who <br>: : : : has done this before. Any complications? <p>: : : : <br>: : : the convertion is very straight forward if the engine is SOHC 12 valves, and you have no air conditioning if you do you either take it out or relocated because you will have to cut a part of the front just under the hood for the radiator becase the egine is too long and you will have to use an electric fan with two termo switches.<p>: : What about the exhaust,transmission and diff. Will they remain the same or do they have to be changed also ?<p>: <br>: or you can go with the E36 M50 or M52 motor implant...but thats another story<p>sorry forgot you will have to cahnge the gearbox<br>the diferential will work fine it would probably gain some torque. the exhaust remains very much the same probably extend them a little more but they will fit fine.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index