Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jamie
01-10-1999, 01:14 PM
I just saw something on one of those TV news shows about there being a recall on some 318s (they didn't say what years). Apparently, there is a defect in the cooling system which may result in it blowing up! They had a guy on there who got 3rd degree burns on his legs when this happened.<p>They estimated that less than 50% of 318s affected by the recall had been fixed.<p>Sorry I don't have more details...maybe this has already been discussed on the board, or someone else knows more about it.<p>Jamie

Steve
01-10-1999, 01:56 PM
<i>: I just saw something on one of those TV news shows about there being a recall on some 318s (they didn't say what years). Apparently, there is a defect in the cooling system which may result in it blowing up! They had a guy on there who got 3rd degree burns on his legs when this happened.<p>: They estimated that less than 50% of 318s affected by the recall had been fixed.<p>: Sorry I don't have more details...maybe this has already been discussed on the board, or someone else knows more about it.<p>: Jamie<p>I believe all 318s with the M42 motor have this defect with the profile gasket.<br>

TBM
01-11-1999, 01:32 AM
I beleive this is the dreaded heater core problem. If the core (or gasket) ruptures, coolant will spew out in the passenger compartment under the middle dash area. I got a recall notice form BMW and they fixed it for free, I had 150K at the time.<p>TBM<br>89 525i<br>85 325e

WillO
01-12-1999, 09:28 PM
<i>: I just saw something on one of those TV news shows about there being a recall on some 318s (they didn't say what years). Apparently, there is a defect in the cooling system which may result in it blowing up! They had a guy on there who got 3rd degree burns on his legs when this happened.<p>: They estimated that less than 50% of 318s affected by the recall had been fixed.<p>: Sorry I don't have more details...maybe this has already been discussed on the board, or someone else knows more about it.<p>: Jamie<p></i>Seems some folks cruise around with low coolant in the desert at 105 mph for hours on end. <br>Only thing was this dude had his coolant cap screwed on real tight " to keep it from leakin".<br>The heater core blew and numerous committees later the deal blossomed into a Federal recall campaign.<p>Hogwash,<br>Will<br>88 325ix<br>91 525i

Steve
01-14-1999, 01:42 PM
<i>: I just saw something on one of those TV news shows about there being a recall on some 318s (they didn't say what years). Apparently, there is a defect in the cooling system which may result in it blowing up! They had a guy on there who got 3rd degree burns on his legs when this happened.<p>: They estimated that less than 50% of 318s affected by the recall had been fixed.<p>: Sorry I don't have more details...maybe this has already been discussed on the board, or someone else knows more about it.<p>: Jamie<p></i>

Ino
01-15-1999, 03:52 PM
I got a recall notice 4-5 years ago and fixed for free.<p><br>Ino

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index