Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Javier
01-25-1999, 02:04 PM
Whenever I press the clutch (I have a speed) I am starting to feel the clutch "pedal" vibrate once it reaches the "floor".<p>The clutch was changed about 115,000 miles ago by the previous owner. Are these indications of a new clutch?<p>I have driven the car about 95,000 since I brought it without any modifications.<p>Thanks<p>Javier<br>'84 318i

Marcus Hall
01-25-1999, 02:30 PM
Hi!<p>I'm afraid I can't help you, but perhaps we can help eachother. My 87 325i behaves in exactly the same way, with the following addition:<p>The stick vibrates when engine braking (clutch not pressed), but only in 2nd and 4th gear. It gets worse if I pull the stick backwards.<p>Anyone else who has experienced this problem? My car has about 70k miles on the clock, the clutch has never been changed as far as I know.<p>Appreciate your assistance,<p>Marcus<br>'87 325iC<p><i>: Whenever I press the clutch (I have a speed) I am starting to feel the clutch "pedal" vibrate once it reaches the "floor".<p>: The clutch was changed about 115,000 miles ago by the previous owner. Are these indications of a new clutch?<p>: I have driven the car about 95,000 since I brought it without any modifications.<p>: Thanks<p>: Javier<br>: '84 318i<p></i>

WillO
01-25-1999, 06:24 PM
<i>: Hi!<p>: I'm afraid I can't help you, but perhaps we can help eachother. My 87 325i behaves in exactly the same way, with the following addition:<p>: The stick vibrates when engine braking (clutch not pressed), but only in 2nd and 4th gear. It gets worse if I pull the stick backwards.<p>: Anyone else who has experienced this problem? My car has about 70k miles on the clock, the clutch has never been changed as far as I know.<p>: Appreciate your assistance,<p>: Marcus<br>: '87 325iC<p>: : Whenever I press the clutch (I have a speed) I am starting to feel the clutch "pedal" vibrate once it reaches the "floor".<p>: : The clutch was changed about 115,000 miles ago by the previous owner. Are these indications of a new clutch?<p>: : I have driven the car about 95,000 since I brought it without any modifications.<p>: : Thanks<p>: : Javier<br>: : '84 318i<p></i>The clutch pedal vibration is from the throw out bearing. It has done its job well and has taken on a wear pattern that is resulting in vibration. Till it starts getting loud and crunchy I would not worry about it too much if you can live with the vibration. The shifter vibration is also probably not a big deal, but you might want to inspect your trans mounts, motor mounts, drive shaft flex connection, and rear suspension.<p>Will

Javier
01-25-1999, 06:40 PM
It drives like its normal self. Next time I get an oil change I have it looked at.<p>Thanks again,<p>Javier

you are most welcome, dude!
01-25-1999, 08:40 PM
<i>: It drives like its normal self. Next time I get an oil change I have it looked at.<p>: Thanks again,<p>: Javier<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index